Tune / Torque app help

corruptor

Established Member
So ran Torque app tonight. A bunch of the sensors are showing "not avail". Anyone confirm if that means the tune is turning off those sensors?

Also, noticed my car will accelerate on its own. For instance I will floor it in 2nd gear up to 5000 rpms, let off the gas, and it'll keep going until redline to 7k with my foot off the gas. I'm thinking something is ****ed up with my tune (won't say whose tune for now until I can figure out the issue). Has anyone had this happen before on an aftermarket tune?

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
I having the exact same issue with the throttle. It wants hang around around 1700 rpms for 30-40 seconds. Will some times shoot up to 4k rpms as well. After putting about 400-500 miles on it stopped. I reflashed it again at the track and it started doing the same thing.

dead man walkin

Established Member
Torque app shows Alllllllllll the sensors, your car may not have those listed, edit the list to show only the sensors you have, torque is a great app .. really great but it does require a little custom tweaks, as for the tune hanging.. it could be cooling the cats dumping fuel.. guess?? As for the engine racing on its own?? Umm yeah that's bad.. unintended acceleration. . Ask Toyota why that's bad..you are running an AED tune. He is on here I'm positive he will look at your tune ASAP. Every one loves his tunes

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
So ran Torque app tonight. A bunch of the sensors are showing "not avail". Anyone confirm if that means the tune is turning off those sensors?

Also, noticed my car will accelerate on its own. For instance I will floor it in 2nd gear up to 5000 rpms, let off the gas, and it'll keep going until redline to 7k with my foot off the gas. I'm thinking something is ****ed up with my tune (won't say whose tune for now until I can figure out the issue). Has anyone had this happen before on an aftermarket tune?

Is it sensors reading "Not Available" or the Emission Monitor?

Some sensors your torque app won't read due to you may not have it.

If you are looking at the Emission Monitor screen and seeing Not Available, then that means it is turned off in the tune. If it says Incomplete, then the test has not passed yet.

corruptor

Established Member
First, its NOT an AED tune. I'm not going to get into that stuff on the public forums

As for the Torque app screen, I'm looking o2 sensors on the Current Drive Cycle Status screen. Is there a different screen I should be looking at to check the o2 sensors?

As for my unintended acceleration, it is quite unnerving. Luckily I changed lanes and popped it into neutral but I damn near rear ended someone yesterday.

stangn

Established Member
It is with the throttle settings. It's not adjusted properly, had it happen on a gt500 when they increased throttle response it caused the it to hang the blades and not close them quickly. Can be fixed in the tuning.

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
First, its NOT an AED tune. I'm not going to get into that stuff on the public forums

As for the Torque app screen, I'm looking o2 sensors on the Current Drive Cycle Status screen. Is there a different screen I should be looking at to check the o2 sensors?

As for my unintended acceleration, it is quite unnerving. Luckily I changed lanes and popped it into neutral but I damn near rear ended someone yesterday.

The Drive Cycle is for the Emission Monitors. This is good to look at if you have to pass Emissions testing.

Not Available means it has been turned off. If you need them on, you will have to contact your tuner for that.

You can also read the 02 sensor as a guage, I believe it is ST and LT FT.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
First, its NOT an AED tune. I'm not going to get into that stuff on the public forums.
He might have assumed AED from my sig, but the tune I am having problems with is not my AED tune which is for pump gas. I am having these same issues with e85 and I highly doubt your tuner and my tuner are the same. I have logged the unwanted acceleration and it shows the throttle being closed at the time. I have checked for vacuum leaks and haven't came up with anything. Maybe I need to lube the throttle cable. :??:

corruptor

Established Member
These cars are drive by wire. There is no throttle cable. It could be something with the throttle position sensor(s), which if it's the case, this will be the 2nd DBW car I've owned where the throttle position sensors have tried to kill me.

Checking with my tuner on both the o2 sensors being turned off and the hanging throttle issue.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
I was just joking about the throttle cable part.

Dunno if you fixed your issue with the acceleration, but after several tunes and nothing being found wrong with the motor we decided to try a different tune strategy. Problem fixed. No more unwanted acceleration or throttle sticking at certain rpm's.

We believe it might have something to do with the latest update making the template incomplete.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I was just joking about the throttle cable part.

Dunno if you fixed your issue with the acceleration, but after several tunes and nothing being found wrong with the motor we decided to try a different tune strategy. Problem fixed. No more unwanted acceleration or throttle sticking at certain rpm's.

We believe it might have something to do with the latest update making the template incomplete.

Who is tuning your car on e85? I think I know....

We should line them up! Shaun did mine on e85. You planning on doing a power adder?

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Who is tuning your car on e85? I think I know....

We should line them up! Shaun did mine on e85. You planning on doing a power adder?

I am not at liberty to disclose such privileged information about my tuner. :rolling:

I'm always game for fun runs. I had planned on doing a supercharger last month, but with losing my job I had to put my plans on hold. Just working on suspension at the moment trying to get the car to hook.

Users who are viewing this thread