Tune time!

thewrubelator

Established Member
Monday I will be taking the Cobra to Alternative Auto here in Michigan, strapping her to the rollers and letting Lidio get some tuning done. I'd be happy with 550hp, but just wanted to get a thread going to see what you guys think it will make! I was told the car made 539hp on AED's dyno by the previous owner on richer 91 tune.

Mods are:
Crower Stage III Cams
Livernois Stage III Heads
Ported Eaton
I measured the pully, 3.25" in diameter (pully is unmarked as far as i can tell).
80LB Injectors
KB BAP
SLP LM2 LT's
SLP Catted X
SLP LM2 back

I'm looking forward to seeing what it will make, figure it wont be more than 550 or so. I will post videos and pics when the time comes!!

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
If you crank up the boost I'd say you would be at 550 or above with the heads and cams.

thewrubelator

Established Member
If you crank up the boost I'd say you would be at 550 or above with the heads and cams.

If I can be at 550, I'd be very happy until I do a blower and fuel system! I'm still brushing up on pulley sizes and which size does what with which idlers, etc. A whole lot different than turbos lol!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
2.93 and 4lb lower seems to be the favorite choice around here.
If you don't do a lower go with a 2.76 upper. 3 100mm idlers 1 92mm idler and a belt that's real tight.

thewrubelator

Established Member
Overall very happy with the results! Car drives much better now. 522/494 at just under 14psi with some timing. Now for a fuel system, E85 and a blower over winter!
IMG_8967.JPG
IMG_8975.JPG

Soap

Established Member
Now for a fuel system, E85 and a blower over winter!

Wait.....why did you even waste time/money/effort to get the car up and running if you are going to switch everything this winter and need an all new tune again.

There is probably only a month left of driving here in MI.

--Joe

thewrubelator

Established Member
Wait.....why did you even waste time/money/effort to get the car up and running if you are going to switch everything this winter and need an all new tune again.

There is probably only a month left of driving here in MI.

--Joe
Blower will be after a fuel system, so if I can swing getting a blower after fuel, then sweet, If not, then I will just drive it for next summer as-is and do the blower next winter. I wanted to get the car going while I could still enjoy it...the cost of getting it tuned was worth it to me if I can still get some driving time in.

Comp04svt

Established Member
Nice numbers! Plus, after the initial tune cost, the re tune will be much cheaper when you get the rest done!

thewrubelator

Established Member
So stock bottom end but heads and cams? Thats a cool combo.

I was told that it has rods, but I have no invoice to prove, so I assume it is a stock bottom end. You actually sparked my interest with this comment, I called AED and left a message requesting any papertrail they may have from the previous owners work. (they installed heads/cam/LTs etc). So we shall see. That'd be an even bigger added bonus if it had a bottom end.

04turbomustang

Established Member
Congrats on the numbers. I'm from Ann Arbor and will hopefully have the car put together come spring to head out to Milan and see what she will do.

Users who are viewing this thread