Tune shop ct

DRAGUL

Established Member
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with J&M Motorsports in manchester ct. I have a 01 cobra that I purchased earlier this year and just wanted to have the car given a good look over by someone more knowledgeable than me. I would like to know what has been done to the car and if it was done properly. No surprises.

f2hatch

Established Member
I would stay away but thats just me. What part of CT are you in?

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
J&M is not for you. Find a shop that does Cobras. They are known for Corvettes and I have heard mixed reviews about them over the years.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I did a google search on them and it looked like they didn't get one good review. I previously had a 83 gt, so going from that to this I now have a lot to learn.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
What is done to the car? It shouldn't be much different than any other car. Any competent mechanic should be able to tell you. I'm sure there are CT members here that could help you out.

DRAGUL

Established Member
Sorry long read. When I stopped at J&M just to see what there charges were they took a quick look at the car outside.I knew the car had been lowered but I didn't know a bumpsteer kit should have been installed or so I'm told.He said and he didn't know why, but for some reason all the injectors have been changed. Apparently not recently as I was shown they had a adaptor that allowed them to be connected to the factory harness.Was told new ones now a days didn't need this adaptor. Already know it has a jlt cai. BBK 65mm throttlebody. Underdrive pulley kit. He guessed the car probably has a tune on it as it has 4.10 gears and the speedometer is accurate. Was asked if I had got a tuner with car which I did not. Was told the clutch cable is to tight and there should be slight play in the pedal which I do not have. Was told that this would cause the throwout bearing to continuesly stay spinning, do to staying up against pressure plate. Clutch is aftermarket has a very heavy pedal, and a new quadrant should have been installed. There are other things I have already fixed myself that were halfa**ed. One thing I have been wondering is when I purchased the car it came with a pretty beat up keyfob remote. I got a new one and followed the instructions in the owners manual. I did the turn the key 8 times to get the car into program mode. The thing is the car will not go into program mode no matter how many times I have tried. So maybe one of you know what's up with that.

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
I would go to Paul Albino at Total Induction Tuning Solutions in South Windsor. Paul knows Mustangs and Lightnings forwards and backwards, and he has a chassis dyno and a beautiful shop. He's built turbo mustangs, Lightnings, and HDs... tunes everything from stock GTs to twin turbo 7-second cars and more. He also knows chassis & suspension. The shop is right off Rt.5 which ties into I-91 and I-291, maybe 10 minutes from Manchester, CT if that.

WWW.TOTALINDUCTION.COM

Last edited:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I would go to Paul Albino at Total Induction Tuning Solutions in South Windsor. Paul knows Mustangs and Lightnings forwards and backwards, and he has a chassis dyno and a beautiful shop. He's built turbo mustangs, Lightnings, and HDs... tunes everything from stock GTs to twin turbo 7-second cars and more. He also knows chassis & suspension. The shop is right off Rt.5 which ties into I-91 and I-291, maybe 10 minutes from Manchester, CT if that.

WWW.TOTALINDUCTION.COM

My Lightning will be spending some time there this Winter!

Jim

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
so is total induction in Windsor good to go?

After going to a few of the "top" mustang shops in CT, my vote is for Paul Albino at Total Induction. He is very thorough and does good work. Keeps his shop clean. He is also very willing to meet up and work with you "after hours". Paul is unique in that he actually knows how to THINK and solve problems. He's not just a mechanic, he's an artist as well. He doesn't just slap parts on a car and call it done like most other "performance" shops. He takes his time to make sure the job is done right. I know when he's working on my car that I have nothing to worry about because it will be perfect when done.

I've also had mixed reviews with J&M. It is a decent place if Mike actually does the work on your car (he is very mechanically-inclined). But fox bodies are much more in his wheelhouse. And lately he's just been farming his work out to his grease goons. Ask me how I know... one of his guys forgot to loc-tite my driveshaft bolts--I could've gotten killed at the drag strip. I'd steer clear of them. Also, Mike is very difficult to get in touch with these days. I think he's been spending most of his time working on his personal race car.

Last edited:

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys , I spoke with total induction and as smart as the guy seems, he seems like an ass. Pretty much said since he didn't "build " the car he doesn't like tuning it. But there is really no build its a pulled cobra ? Pretty basic if you ask me.
I'll pass on that one .

Pro edge has so many mixed reviews , and some pretty bad reviews from the GM guys, I'm not sold yet but I did email him and I'm waiting to hear back.

Petes performance seems like a better option, I know I've heard of him before but forgot the exact name of his shop. I'll give him a call today, thanks

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
To be honest there is not one tuner in CT that I trust for these cars. I have built hundreds of Mustangs over the years for for many people. Since the passing of my good friend and tuner Chris SK @ EFI Logics I will not use anyone in CT. I send people to either Pete @ Performance dyno in NH, Kevin @ Wicked Motorsports in NJ, some remote tuning also depending on the situation. But there is no way in hell I would use any current CT tuner. PM me if you have any questions

Users who are viewing this thread