Tune question

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I'm thining my tune needs more tweaking. I love the tune but my question is, is when is the convertor suppose to lock up? My convertor locks up 2 seconds after WOT. I think it needs to lock up ASAP after WOT. You can feel a difference after 2 seconds and the truck starts to pull harder. Also from a dead stop I don't think it locks up till 2 seconds in 2nd gear.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
How do you know the converter is locking up other than feeling like it is?

You should contact your tuner and see how he has it set-up. Are you running an aftermarket converter?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member

You should contact your tuner and see how he has it set-up. Are you running an aftermarket converter?

normaly shown by a slight RPM drop atleast thats when i know mine is locked... it will drop about 200rpm in 3rd when it locks. plus with the PI i can actually feel it

H8IMPORTS

Established Member

He told me he had it set up to lock in at 2 seconds. Stock was 4 seconds. I thought it was suppose to be instant but he knows better than I do. I was going ask and see and let my tuner know and let him redo my tune if it needs to be locked sooner or how to tell him how to lock it.

Also do you think that would make my HP and TQ numbers low? Considering on the dyno run for 2 seconds my converter wasn't locked?

Users who are viewing this thread