Tune Question

TheFranchise

Established Member
I am currently in California but will be making the drive back to Houston, TX on April 15. I am getting out of the Marine Corps.

I am currently running 91 Octane (CA) and when I arrive in TX it will go to 93.

I am thinking about ordering a mail order tune for 93 Octane before I leave california.

Now, if I load the tune for 93 Octane, but I run 91 octane for about 800 miles, will it hurt anything? Safe?

Any help, appreciated.

Cody

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
I am currently in California but will be making the drive back to Houston, TX on April 15. I am getting out of the Marine Corps.

I am currently running 91 Octane (CA) and when I arrive in TX it will go to 93.

I am thinking about ordering a mail order tune for 93 Octane before I leave california.

Now, if I load the tune for 93 Octane, but I run 91 octane for about 800 miles, will it hurt anything? Safe?

Any help, appreciated.

Cody

if you load the tune just stay outta boost. persoanly id leave the 91 tune in it. when you get to texas your tune will be stupidly safe

TheFranchise

Established Member
The only reason I was thinking about getting a mailorder tune before I leave is because when I am cruising on the freeway and let off the gas, it goes lean and sounds like a downshift.

Also sometimes when driving in the city the A/F will go down to around 10.0 or so and sit there for a few seconds and then slowly go back up.

Could it be the guage or what?

I just thought about a new mail order tune for now until I get back to Texas and get a new Dyno Tune from PSI.

Cody

Charlie41

SiFi junky
Established Member
Keep it on 91 till you get here. Then let Patrick tune it down in Houston. Mail order tunes are a pain.
Shaggy is right.
Man I hope you have a grand or so for gas.
It's a longer trip, but the scenery is better down HWY 10. At least in Texas it is.

Welcome back. Thanks for your service!
Charlie

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
+1 on holding off till you get back to Texas. As far as the drive is concerned... hopefully you have satellite radio. It makes the drive so much more enjoyable since you won't be scanning the AM stations praying for reception :-D.

BTW... watch out for deer, particularly at night. I've made the drive from San Diego to central Texas six times, IIRC (hence the reason my 03 has so many miles on her now :fm:) and I stress constantly till I'm in larger towns. West Texas highways are littered with rotting deer carcus. I usually end up cruising at about 65 MPH... it makes the drive longer, but its saved my truck a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread