Tune Question for 94-95 and 96-01 Cobras

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member
Hello -

I am looking to get a Cobra next spring - 94/95 or a Modular Cobra 96-01. Ideally, I'd love to get an 03-04 Terminator, but financially probably won't be in the cards. Looking for a daily summer driver to do a couple of mods too.

I had a 1996 Cobra several years ago, and just got rid of a 2007 GT. Naturally, I need another car. Mods would be your typical gears/exhaust/intake/pullies combo.

My question is, what kind of gains can you see with a 94/95 Cobra with a real dyno tune? I know the stock computer in the 94-95 cars is a huge restriction, pulling out timing in between shifts and retarding it severally in the upper RPM ranges, and being a general pain the a55.

Is there much to be gained with a DOHC car with a dyno tune? I know headers are expensive for these, a pain to install, and only ad about 10-15hp.

Trying to plan out mods for whatever car I get, because let's face it....I don't have anything better to do. :shrug:

Thanks!

Boss 327

All Motor
Established Member
if your doing just basic bolt ons then a 96 and up cobra is the way to go. more expensive and harder to install stuff but makes more power to begin with. a 94-95 parts will be cheaper and easier to install but you have to start doin h/c/i to get it into the 96 and up power level. for the tune itself your probley fix all the bugs in the 94/95 computer but your going to need to have h/c/i to see any real gains. the 96 and up makes good power with the stock tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread