Tune question and options.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
First , i wasnt sure if the tuning section was best place to put this.So it here ...

2 questions.? getting a deal on SCT thats never been used.

1. SCT handheld does or does not require a chip in the computer?

2. KB tune that im on is a chip? and would have to be removed to use the sct.( the chip)?

3. Good place for email tune for my set up ?

Thanks.

DailyDriver

Established Member
they both do the same thing an no you cant use together. Pick one or the other doesnt matter. And no if you have a KB supercharger go to a tuner in your area and have them tune in on the dyno. email tunes are only good for small changes like CAI, Exhaust, gears, manifolds. The KB tune is just to get your car running you shouldnt be using that to drive around on. Get that thing tuned on a dyno no matter what you do.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Last time bringing to top.. This sub forum dont get much traffic. Either way ill be ordering email tune through JMS tonight or tomorrow..

chvybeatsford

Established Member
I just answered you 5 mins ago lol

Yea for some reason didnt show u posted.. I know u cant use both.. My question was is the KB can tun a CHIP? I didnt install this setup. I would guess its like a quarter house chip. In know i a dyno tune is better but i would think a Email tune would be the same as this KB can tune. Ill dyno tune once i get my short block build and in. As per kenne bells site the tune i have is what they send out so u can avoid if wanted a dyno tune.

DailyDriver

Established Member
the thing with email tunes they dont normally do tunes for forced induction. Your going to be looking at $400 to $500 for one tune. And your going to have to buy a wideband O2 sensor so you can datalog with your laptop. Do some WOT runs and talk on the phone with the tuner and go back and forth giving him info on the car.

so $450 for ONE tune and $300 for a wideband o2 plus time on the phone and driving around. Plus if one of you mess's up your out an engine, an hes not going to buy you a new one

or just take it to the tuner let them deal with all that shit for $700-$900 and you get 3 tunes

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Sorry I missed this thread. Daily driver, you're giving this guy a lot of misinformation.

Kenne Bell will send you a chip for your setup, Kenne Bell strongly recommends running their tune over anyone else's. Its been proven time and time again that their tune is the way to go. The failure rate with one of there tunes is incredibly low. They will set you up with the correct chip for your needs, you would seriously just uninstall your existing chip and put kenne bells in. One of my extremely good friends a few years ago had an 04 with a 2.1 Kb on it, through the life of him having it it started as an 8psi non intercooled car, and ended life making 12psi intercooled, built bottom end, etc; all with kenne bells tunes.

Seriously give the guys over at Kenne Bell a call, they have fantastic customer service and they'll be able to answer all your questions and get you heading in the right direction!

Last edited:

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Sorry I missed this thread. Daily driver, you're giving this guy a lot of misinformation.

Kenne Bell will send you a chip for your setup, Kenne Bell strongly recommends running their tune over anyone else's. Its been proven time and time again that their tune is the way to go. The failure rate with one of there tunes is incredibly low. They will set you up with the correct chip for your needs, you would seriously just uninstall your existing chip and put kenne bells in. One of my extremely good friends a few years ago had an 04 with a 2.1 Kb on it, through the life of him having it it started as an 8psi non intercooled car, and ended life making 12psi intercooled, built bottom end, etc; all with kenne bells tunes.

Seriously give the guys over at Kenne Bell a call, they have fantastic customer service and they'll be able to answer all your questions and get you heading in the right direction!

OK so if I'm read g correctly u say get KB to send me a diff chip..? I'm already running their switch chip.. I know its set a little rich to help keep safety level. To me I don't really see much diff with their can tune and another respect full tunner. KB may have the edge but the lack a few things I want removed with the tune.

Remove rear o2 . Remove need to turn of traction control. Speed fix for the 3:73. No real way to data log. I would like a tune close to KB tune just a tad lower on the fuel side.

Im waiting on free time to get the aem wideband installed. Removing h pipe on a dd and weld in bong will require a weekend free.

The chip I have from kb is the switch chip between shoot out and power..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Ahhh I'm sorry I missed that you were currently on a kb chip, my apologies. Have you tried contacting kenne bell to see if you can get those items changed in your tune? If they can adjust them they'll just want you to unplug their chip and mail it to them, they're usually very quick about getting chips back.

DailyDriver

Established Member

I never said anything about the KB tune being bad, just wont use them other then when first putting the supercharger on. Its a safe tune no timeing and high fuel ratio thats why they want you to use it. Im not spending 15k on moter and supercharger to leave hp on the table. why run 22psi on a safe tune when you can run 17 and get the same. Yes even though you and your friend the tune was fine for, every car isnt the same. AN why would you waste so much money to up the boost 2 psi from what the stock motor can handle thats like 40hp??? KB also believes that their supercharges never fail an if any of them brake its the instaler or tuners falt. And they wont send you a tune that turns off traction control they say its dangerous.

He has the KB chip in and wants to run a email tune from some online site. Not the KB tune. which is what im telling him not to do. So please tell me what im so misinformed on.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
He has the KB chip in and wants to run a email tune from some online site. Not the KB tune. which is what im telling him not to do. So please tell me what im so misinformed on.

I see what ur saying but also see that the KB tune is the same as a email tune being its designed for all cars.. Rite now after talking with the tuner the price is the same from boosted and non boosted. Alot of people local use this tuner. He knows I want it safe. Im installing a wideband this weekend and will data log it and send him the data log before he even starts to write the tune. I will also be doing a dyno pull on sat at dyno day and will make a pull after the email tune. If for some chance I don't like I can put the KB chip back in. What would be nice is if I can get the same KB chip tune put into my handheld.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread