Tune only: +42 rwhp/47 ft lbs.

doctorv8

Established Member
Thanks to Torrie at Unleashed Tuning for a great job. Hard to believe how much power these things make without any hardware changes.

Sanjay13GT500-Torrie-Tune.jpg

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Before everyone says "that car reads low"

Remember EVERY dyno reads different.

Its the Delta that matters.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I was jus going to say tht it seemed low but the increase is awesome! What is the most accurate type dyno?

paluka21

Established Member
Question; what changed with the tuning? Increased timing, adjusting fuel tables? A/F ratio looks good, but I noticed when a lot of people get their cars tuned/dyno'ed they do not request a print out of per-RPM based A/F ratio. A tuner should be able to provide this upon request. I always like to see what my A/F ratio is like at peak torque, especially in the upper RPM's.
Congrats on the gains.

paluka21

Established Member
I was jus going to say tht it seemed low but the increase is awesome! What is the most accurate type dyno?

Load based dyno's. A lot people go for the DynoJet's because they look pretty but they are inertia only which shows higher hp/tq numbers. They seem to be the norm and industry standard. Superflow, Mustang, Dyno Dyamics and other load based dyno's can yield more real world results based on eddy-current, and will typically be "heart breakers" because if calibrated correctly, they will show numbers a bit lower. For tuning I personally like the eddy-current dyno's as opposed to Dynojets.
Either way, dyno's numbers are just that; dyno numbers.

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Load based dyno's. A lot people go for the DynoJet's because they look pretty but they are inertia only which shows higher hp/tq numbers. They seem to be the norm and industry standard. Superflow, Mustang, Dyno Dyamics and other load based dyno's can yield more real world results based on eddy-current, and will typically be "heart breakers" because if calibrated correctly, they will show numbers a bit lower. For tuning I personally like the eddy-current dyno's as opposed to Dynojets.

Thanks

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Only problem with mustang dyno's or loaded dyno's is the added stress on the car when doing the dyno run.

Good pick up with the tune.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Only problem with mustang dyno's or loaded dyno's is the added stress on the car when doing the dyno run.

If that's the case, then we probably shouldn't be driving our cars as that's nearly a 2 ton load being pushed down the road :beer:

Nice increase OP, I bet it's an animal now. :rolling:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
If that's the case, then we probably shouldn't be driving our cars as that's nearly a 2 ton load being pushed down the road :beer:

Nice increase OP, I bet it's an animal now. :rolling:

Agreed.

Nice numbers. Now change something so you can be part of the met too crowd :lol1:

paluka21

Established Member

IMO you would want the added stress on the car to simulate real world resistance. Would you rather find you have a detonation problem on the dyno, or when you're on the street or track?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The most pressing change is to get some DR's.

Yes sir!
I'll add in gears, but you probably already knew that :)
See the 11.03 thread I made, tune, gears, tires and you have a rocket.
I have a John Lund mail-order tune and he told me he gained 33rwhp tune only on his '14 and he flashed same tune to mine.
-J
:beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member

Couldn't agree more!!!!

Op great gains...time for the track!!

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Nice, I have the Lund mail ordered tune. My car went from 587/573 to 637/617 its crazy how held back they are from the factory.

doctorv8

Established Member
I had a set of 305/35 20 MT ET streets installed Fri.....wow.....what a difference! Took me back to 15 years ago when I first put Nitto 555R's on my bimini blue notchback.....good memories.....

Users who are viewing this thread