Tune needed? Switching intakes.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Right now I have the K&N FIPK intake and i'm thinking about getting a JLT RAI since the filter on mine is getting nasty and tore up. I was wondering if I would need a new tune just swapping the K&N with the JLT intake? Any input would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
well i had a k&n setup and it was tuned then. i switched to the jlt carbon fiber ram air and my car became lean. i installed the mass air meter the same direction and even tried to move it. car went from a 12.0 at wot to a 13.8 afr

but each car could be different. the good news is that i thought the same thing as everyone else and i beat the hell out of the car and even took it to the track a few times and she never blew up or gave me any indication of running lean. i found out on accident doing a dyno day at the car show. i was like sure why not. all three times we tried to dyno it the car went lean. and the jlt was the only mod changed from the k&n setup.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Alright thanks guys i'll run it on the dyno after I install the intake and see how the a/f is. ^So did you gain any power when you switched to the JLT?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread