Tucson guys, I'll be in town Friday the 6th

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I will be picking my car up AGAIN from the dealership on friday. I dropped it off this friday in hopes they could fix the leak in the differential in one day. I was wrong. So they will have to pay for my loaner until I get back down there next friday to pick up my car. I figured while I was in town if anybody was off we could all get together for lunch/dinner/whatever. Rick, you going to be busy? What about anybody else? Just let me know.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
It may be on Wed now. Just finished my final in my Mon-Wed class and don't have to show up to class unless I want to know my grade. Who cares what my grade is. :rollseyes I will know for sure tomorrow. I know we have a busy week at work this week so it all depends on tomorrow. I will let you guys know either way.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris,

It's Friday and I just noticed your post. Jack and I are home hanging out. If you are around give a call.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I ended up coming out early Wed morning and heading back right after I got the car. My son ended up having a Dr's appointment at 4pm so I couldn't have stuck around if I wanted to. It was a quick trip to say the least.

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
I ended up coming out early Wed morning and heading back right after I got the car. My son ended up having a Dr's appointment at 4pm so I couldn't have stuck around if I wanted to. It was a quick trip to say the least.

Chris

Cool. Sorry to hear you had the car in again. How's everything else going? Pretty much business as usual around here.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Going good. Had finals this week so I finally got that crap over with. 2 week break then I start the summer sessions up. Both classes in summer I and both classes in summer II are online classes so that shouldn't be too bad I guess. I just hate school. The boy is getting huge now. He says everything you do and makes the same movements/motions you do. He is like a parrot. Just over 19 months now. It's crazy how much he is growing. Time to start looking for some Powerwheels! :rockon:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Powerwheels rock. We've been thinking of setting Jack up with a jeep or something soon. He would love a motorcycle, but I dont' want him to die just yet. :) Say hey to the wife and kid from us... Good luck with classes.

lucafu1

Established Member
which dealer did you take it to? Im back in Tucson and so is the car. Now my car is knocking/ticking I need to get it fixed from a dealer. Which one would you recommend? Are they anal about having a filter, exhaust, suspension parts?

Thanks

Luis

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Luis, good to see you are back in the area! I take it to Jim Click Ford off of 22nd and Wilmont. Ask for John in the service department. I have: 95mm C&L, K&N, catback, Tri-Ax, intercooler resivoir and LFP H/E and they haven't said anything about the mods. I flat out asked John how he felt about mods and he told me so long as they are minor he doesn't care. If I pulley it, he'll fix it, but not for free. He has been straight up with me since day one, and I have been taking it there over a year now. If you can't get in touch with John, ask for Rafael. I dealt with him last week when John was out of town.

Chris

lucafu1

Established Member
Thanks man I appreciate your help. Thats pretty cool of them. In NC I had my tranny voided for having a triax on there when the outputshaft exploded. They tried saying it had to do with my lowering springs, then DR's, and finally my shifter. I was really mad and I havent been to the dealer since.
Thanks agian man. How do you like that clutch BTW?

Luis

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Not a real big fan of it so far. It has a VERY light pressure on it which I guess is good for my wife, and it doesn't grab until the top 1/2 of the clutch travel. The wife hates that part of it, but I guess I am getting used to it. I am hoping a firewall adjuster and quadrant will fix that. Just need to get around to buying one. I only have a few hundred miles on it right now so I guess time will tell. As of right now, I wouldn't buy another one just because of how light it feels.

Chris

lucafu1

Established Member
If you like heavey then you might like the Power grip HD from RAM. Its a workout. A firewall adjuster and qaudrant will set your clutch exactly how you want it. It just takes some time on how to set it up and understand it. You can use your stock cable also, I still use mine.
I like my clutch nto grab on top, it helps with those power shifts =P

Luis

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris,
I was at Ford today because my car is a POS. Starting issues AGAIN! Anyway, I talked with John and he said he felt pretty bad that he wasn't in town when you were here last week. I guess he did a triathelon in rocky point and left a few days early to get settled in. How's your car doing?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yeah he seemed pretty upset that he wasn't there when I brought the car in. I still need to write a letter to the GM thanking him for the work John has done and for what Raphael did while my car was there. Believe it or not I went to start it Saturday to run some errands and it was DEAD. Ended up having to have it towed to the local dealer :fm: They say the engine wiring harness went bad :shrug: Got a call today saying the harness came in and I should have the car back tomorrow. I don't know how many times I have told them they are NOT to drive the car. We'll see what happens. Let me know how yours turns out.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
One other thing. I will be heading to Gila Bend on the 25th and 26th. The 25th we are taking the long way there (back roads to Tucson then through Ajo). The one guy I work with is riding his Harley out there and I am taking the Cobra. I figured I would take I-8 to I-10 on the way home and stop in Tucson. Thought I would see if you guys wanted to meet up for an late lunch or something. We are working a 1/2 day and should be out of Gila Bend by noon I would guess. Should get me to Tucson by 2pm. Let me know what you guys have planned.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Probably got me mixed up with one of the Redfire owners there in Tucson. If this was last week, mine was in there for the differential leak. I think Tom may have a Redfire? Rick would know better about that. Sorry it wasn't me, would like to meet the rest of you guys in the area though :beer:

Btw, congrats on getting on the list for the 07! :rockon: :rockon:

Chris

lucafu1

Established Member
Thanks for the info man! I really appreciate it. Thats cool about the new cobra. I wish I had some money to put down but funds are low being Im out the Army now. Maybe I can call in and reserve one since I'll be gone doing contract work in Afghan.

So did you get to pick a color or anything?

Luis

Last edited:
lucafu1 said:
Thanks for the info man! I really appreciate it. Thats cool about the new cobra. I wish I had some money to put down but funds are low being Im out the Army now. Maybe I can call in and reserve one since I'll be gone doing contract work in Afghan.

So did you get to pick a color or anything?

Luis

I get to choose how I want it! :banana:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Luis, not a real big fan of HEAVY clutches, but because this one is so much lighter than the stock, I think that is what I don't like. My wife loves how much easier it is to push in, but just doesn't like how high it grabs. She doesn't drive it but once or twice a month anyway, but when she drives it, she like's the low grab. I think I will end up getting a quadrant and firewall adjuster. Hopefully I can get it back to grabbing down low.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread