tubes on mt et streets

blksvt10th

Established Member
how many of you run 26x11.5x16 with tubes? anyone run them without tubes? whats the difference between runnin with tubes and without?

jeffsvt

Established Member
Without tubes you will be putting air in them every other day . And one good thing about having tubes in them you won't get the wonderful sway on the back end when you have them aired down .

Stealth_Stang

Established Member
I got MT/Drags 28"x10.5"x15" tube size 9.00-15 fits tire with diameter of 26"-29.5" Part # 9552. :rockon:

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I don't use tubes and mine have always held the tire pressure for the entire season (6 months). They do sway at pressures below 18 psi.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
If you put in tubes, plan on using screws.
If the tire turns on the wheel (likely with any DOT or slick), it'll pull the valve stem out of the hole in the wheel. You'll be getting your tires remounted after each trip (or two) to the track.
Some lose air without tubes, most don't. My Buick needs a few pounds in the driver's side tire after a week or so.
S.

grnenvy

Established Member
hmm

The only problem I ever had with running tube is if you get a nail you can't plug it you have to break the whole tire down just to fix a little flat.

Users who are viewing this thread