tt cobra vs. sc viper 1/2 mile

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Ya really. At least the one I built doesn't. I enjoy driving a manual. I know many don't agree with my view of a street car but to me autos belong in race cars. And to build an auto that can hold up to 1100 hp you lose things like overdrive, which is nice on my 40 mile drive down the highway 3 days a week.

Its your car build it how you want it. Thats what I did.

sickass50

Established Member
Exactly that's just my opinion, everyone has their view of the perfect street car. Yours will be a very nice setup.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Nice run! You gotta be putting down a ton of power the way you reeled him in. Dyno #'s?

sickass50

Established Member
Nice run! You gotta be putting down a ton of power the way you reeled him in. Dyno #'s?

I have a boost by gear setup, first and second are 750 but couldn't put any of it down, third was 850ish and fourth was right around 1000.

ferfont1

Established Member
looks like 1st and 2nd need to be around 450hp lol, you got left like you werent moving....then he got left like he wasnt moving!! :burnout:

Red Snake

Established Member
I am the Viper owner from the vid. My car is a stock motor (rockers and exhaust) and Roe (KB) blower. It gets out of the hole pretty good with 700 rwtrq but it can't hold off the big power of the TT's. :lol:

Seeing that parachute deploy from up close was pretty cool, lol.

That Cobra is SICK!!! Great race, I enjoyed it.:rockon:

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
I am the Viper owner from the vid. My car is a stock motor (rockers and exhaust) and Roe (KB) blower. It gets out of the hole pretty good with 700 rwtrq but it can't hold off the big power of the TT's. :lol:

Seeing that parachute deploy from up close was pretty cool, lol.

That Cobra is SICK!!! Great race, I enjoyed it.:rockon:

Your Viper is tits!:beer:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I really have no clue what it runs in a mile. I don't think it'd have any problems hitting 200 though.

Just wanted to point out that Van hit 165mph at the 1/2 mile mark in his recent standing mile event in that Super Snake that went 205mph... He said he picked up almost 40mph in the back 1/2. Cool to see your car should be well over 200mph as well and a little faster than that Shelby!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
That Viper has to be sick in the 1/4 mile, cause he was out fast. Once he hooked he was gone. Top end was not for him though and it's crazy how you pulled him in. Nice!

Red Snake

Established Member
That Viper has to be sick in the 1/4 mile, cause he was out fast. Once he hooked he was gone. Top end was not for him though and it's crazy how you pulled him in. Nice!

There were markers at the 1/4 mile mark. If you watch for them in the vid you can see that the Viper was out front at least 2 or 3 cars at that point. The Cobra just had way more top end. He made up the 2-3 cars and put on a couple before the 1/2 mile marker.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread