TSB for TOB?

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
No TSB

Yes Under warranty -- if this is the first time it will not be the last.

Good Luck.

imsuperman

Established Member
I hope they don't void the warranty because I have a Pro 5.0 shifter installed. I can't get that thing out, the RTV has glued it down.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Originally posted by JadeAT
I hope they don't void the warranty because I have a Pro 5.0 shifter installed. I can't get that thing out, the RTV has glued it down.

It isn't glued down. It's just a bead of silicone. You can knock it loose, and you should. Some dealers are very picky with aftermarket shifters, even though it has NOTHING to do with your tob...

03CrazyHorse

Just a GT with stickers..
Established Member
Normally it's just the TOB, although some peolpe I know have got new transmissions...

imsuperman

Established Member
Well, I just left my car at the dealer today. Hopefully they fix this under warranty and not just say it was caused by abuse.

BlueOvalBill

Established Member
Originally posted by JadeAT
Well, I just left my car at the dealer today. Hopefully they fix this under warranty and not just say it was caused by abuse.

The TOB is a known issue. You should be fine with or without the PRO 5.0 shifter. The clutch (including the TOB) is under warranty for 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A friend of mine at SVT wrote this e-mail reference the TOB-retainer, second time for me. I have the new transmission, being installed today and should be finished tomorrow. Mine started out as the squeal, end up finding out the TOB-R caused it.

Hi Dale,
short answer, yes, we've seen it and there was a design change to the later built transmissions to correct this issue. Bottom line, it's a weak a-- design. The sleeve is pressed in and welded on the back side at the factory. Problem was they were not welding them all the way around which caused a stress riser and ultimately a failure. When the replacement part is installed, people mistakenly press the new sleeve all the way in and this is incorrect and it fails again. Anyway, here's what I propose. If you can wait a bit, I'm ordering some service kits tomorrow and will send one to you (overnight) when it comes in. (FYI, this is a MUCH more robust design...) Problem is, it'll probably be a week before I can get it. Will that work for you? Lemme know. Glad to hear you're still enjoying the Cobra. Gotta run, been here since 6 am and would like to get home soon! Take care...

imsuperman

Established Member
Originally posted by BlueOvalBill
The TOB is a known issue. You should be fine with or without the PRO 5.0 shifter. The clutch (including the TOB) is under warranty for 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.

Well, I have 33,000 miles on the car.

Users who are viewing this thread