Trying to use SCT device updater Need help

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Not sure if this is the proper section but anyways

Im trying to use the SCT device updater so I can load an email tune onto an x3. I went to sct.com and downloaded it to my computer. Clicked on it and plugged the x3 in. Then clicked automatically check for updates....... nothing the top of the task bar just says not responding. So closed everything out and tried it again but this time I hit display device setting and serial number. Same thing happened (not responding). Did a little research and found this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0vm9O53FBE Tried that and i get a message that says error cant install.

Anyone have any tips what to do or what might my problem be?

0408162255_HDR_zps1pfcwejb.gif

0408162248_HDR_zpslou3wb1z.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Should have put it in the Tuning A' la carte forum Matt.

daustin

Established Member
Not sure if this is the proper section but anyways

Im trying to use the SCT device updater so I can load an email tune onto an x3. I went to sct.com and downloaded it to my computer. Clicked on it and plugged the x3 in. Then clicked automatically check for updates....... nothing the top of the task bar just says not responding. So closed everything out and tried it again but this time I hit display device setting and serial number. Same thing happened (not responding). Did a little research and found this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0vm9O53FBE Tried that and i get a message that says error cant install.

Anyone have any tips what to do or what might my problem be?

0408162255_HDR_zps1pfcwejb.gif

0408162248_HDR_zpslou3wb1z.gif

The same thing has happened to me with every SCT device I've owned (three X3's and three X4's). You need to call SCT and have them remote into your computer so they can fix the drivers. Make sure your car is returned to stock before hand. I had an X3 that bricked while updating and it had to be sent back to SCT for a new motherboard. They were able to recover my stock tune, but it would have been a pain if they hadn't been able to. Rookie mistake on my part.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
The same thing has happened to me with every SCT device I've owned (three X3's and three X4's). You need to call SCT and have them remote into your computer so they can fix the drivers. Make sure your car is returned to stock before hand. I had an X3 that bricked while updating and it had to be sent back to SCT for a new motherboard. They were able to recover my stock tune, but it would have been a pain if they hadn't been able to. Rookie mistake on my part.

well that doesnt sound fun. thanks for the info

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Alright guys I figured it out.
I downloaded the file win 8.1 from this link http://www.morepowertuning.com/drivers
Then went into my computers Device Manager and instead of hitting automatically find/install drivers I clicked the manual input and found that win_8.1 that I downloaded.

Bruisbe

Established Member
Glad you figured it out. I had some issues getting mine to work as well, however manually updating the driver vice manager solved the issue

Users who are viewing this thread