Trying to race against beaters/DD

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Im not sure what the thought process is behind this but (not condoning street racing) I drive a 2009 black ses focus as my DD probably 7 out of 10 times people try to race me in it. To beat it all, its not even stupid ricer hondas that try to race me, the majority of the time its nicer cars that try. Ive had g8 gt, bmws, camaros, mustangs, wrxs, evos try to race me in it. Its bone stock, whisper quiet, and not really flashy at all and half the time dirty as crap. I also dont drive it like a bat out of hell to attract attention, I average 38+ mpg with a 50/50 town highway mix. I drive it like a grandpa. Ive yet to have someone harrass me to try and race this year, since I got my cobra back, but its all the time in my focus.

Do people just want and easy win or something, does this happen to you guys?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
nope

or maybe I just ignore them when they do. :shrug:

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
nope

or maybe I just ignore them when they do. :shrug:

There are alot of times that I can, but sometimes they are just obnoxious about it. I dont race them, I just dont understand why they do it. Just last night on my way back home with the gf and her daughter, a 24v tuned cummins was trying to race for a good 2.5-3 miles no matter how slow i tried to go to let him pass. He just kept laying the fuel to it to try and get me to race.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
No one ever tries to race my DD.

And for good reason, srt8 jeeps are very respectible

yep...it is that simple
See above post, multiple people agg it on for multiple miles, kind of hard to just ignore a dumbass for 2-3 miles. I understand its not a problem really, and im not breaking the law, just wondering if it happens to others.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It sounds like theyre just driving like douchebags and youre automatically thinking it means they want to run you.

Are they lining up against you on open stretches and giving you the "stare n drive?"

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
It sounds like theyre just driving like douchebags and youre automatically thinking it means they want to run you.

Are they lining up against you on open stretches and giving you the "stare n drive?"

haha not so much as in the F&F series, but here is another example... I was going up to blacksburg va for one of my buddies wedding party ordeals and we were gonna play golf. On my way up there, a guy in an 05ish wrx with at least exhaust and new BOV dropped it into third and would get on it. Did that 5 times before he finally quit. Ive had several people throw more than a few revs at lights trying to get me to race too.

The incident with the cummins was really aggravating, cause we had my gfs daughter asleep in the back of the car and i was praying it wouldnt wake her, and of course it was a straight piped cummins (it did sound good) but i would slow down multiple times to try and get him to leave, cause i was on a stretch of road with no exit or shoulder to pull off onto.

After reading some of you just say No that its not happening to you, im starting to think I live around more F&F retards than I really do.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Well you are in Virginia, sure its full of retard hillbillies and we have our fair share here as well. The assholes in the old hooptie diesels are always they worst here...I just ignore them, not worth the aggravation.

Last edited:

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
From the sounds of VA laws, I think that'd be the last place I'd be doing anything that could warrant a ticket/traffic stop.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Well you are in Virginia, sure its full of retard hillbillies and we have our fair share here as well. The assholes in the old hooptie diesels are always they worst here...I just ignore them, not worth the aggravation.

From the sounds of VA laws, I think that'd be the last place I'd be doing anything that could warrant a ticket/traffic stop.

Yea VA is stupid strict but that doesnt stop people, unfortunately. To add to the Virginia/Hillbilly deal, I live about an hour away from bristol motor speedway, and that just makes it worse. Every redneck thinks their car is in the Nascar series, whether is a rusted box s10, or an earnhardt edition monte carlo, or the F&F wanna be crowd, people just drive like idiots.

Granted there are lots of good curtious drivers, and moreso than a majority of states ive been in, but when they are a bad driver/asshat that wants to race, dear god they can be the worst of the worst.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Sounds to me like they're trying to pass and your holding up traffic.
:)

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
I get it from time to time in my stock 1999 Acura 2.3CL DD work car and it's always the fart cannon equipped Hon-Duhs. :rollseyes:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Same here.. sometimes I think I'm invisible in traffic especially considering the number of times people have tried to switch lanes or merge right on top of me. :nonono:

I know how you feel. Sometimes I want to get hit so I can hear the person tell the cop they didn't see or hear the bright yellow Mustang with loud exhaust.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Sounds to me like they're trying to pass and your holding up traffic.
:)

haha some people do fly thats for sure. but im always doing 5-6 over with cruise control, i dont go wot every time i need to accelerate. just a moderate pace, it is my gas saver after all.

speedhunter1117

Established Member
I try to just ignore everyone no matter what I am out driving around in. But it does get annoying as hell when people try to race you and taunt for no reason. Even though some bring a good laugh

10splaya22

Established Member
Yea VA is stupid strict but that doesnt stop people, unfortunately. To add to the Virginia/Hillbilly deal, I live about an hour away from bristol motor speedway, and that just makes it worse. Every redneck thinks their car is in the Nascar series, whether is a rusted box s10, or an earnhardt edition monte carlo, or the F&F wanna be crowd, people just drive like idiots.

Granted there are lots of good curtious drivers, and moreso than a majority of states ive been in, but when they are a bad driver/asshat that wants to race, dear god they can be the worst of the worst.

I live in Blacksburg most of the year and never have people try and race me in my cobra. I rarely drive it but still. There are lots of rednecks but I never get bothered.

GoGreen04

Established Member
Something about Virginia lately, people been driving really aggressively recently. I gave in one time and smoked this beater, was hilarious to me and let the guy pass while I was laughing, next thing I know he cuts me off and slams on his breaks coming to a dead stop in the middle of traffic. People are nuts man, I'm going to just ignore all for now on haha, not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread