trying to get a job, any ideas

redz_02

Established Member
Been here in Austin TX for about 2 months and have had only a few hits, probably given my resume to about 50 different hiring companies this month alone. Registered at temp agencies and everything. Think my problem is that I have a degree in MIS (BBA/Computer Science) and no experience. What the hell am i supposed to do to get a job, offer money. Call companies and always get "He/She is not in right now" and so on. What the hell is the point of having an H/R person if they don't do their damn job. Had a few interviews where they tell me i was out of a refined selection get up to 3 interviews than the "you are not hired good luck email". Seriously thinking about going back to bartending till my lease is up and joining the military or joining the police force, at least they want me. Hell I graduated with a 3.1, have had network and computer tech and sales experience (not much though). Makes me think my degree is a worthless piece of paper that put me in debt. Only for sure offer i had was 9.00 an hour computer tech job, hell i can make 15-20 bartending.

Crappy part about is that i feel like i waisted alot of money and 5 years of my life. Is there any hope, very depressed.

Dragnut

Established Member
job

You didn't waste your time on your education but the job you are looking for may not be where you are at. you have to be open to relocating if you want the ideal job. If you have to stay where you are then you have to take whats there. Thats just life. You make the choice.
I lost my job after 11 years and sent out 1,050 resumes with NO response at all. I took a contract engineering job for 6 months in Michigan, in the winter, then another in Tenn. Then I got a job in my hometown but it took me over a year to do it.

You might have to go somewhere else to get started then come back when you have some experience. Or take what job pays the bills and keep looking tilll something shows up.
Hope this helps a little

DX NumNutz

Taking Donations
Established Member
Goddamn bro I feel your pain. I have been looking for a descent paying job for about a year now! $30, 000 diploma and no luck here either with the job search and most of my friends are in the same boat (well except the ones who got a job from one of their parents). Right now I work in the construction field (electrician) and get paid 3 times as much as what some of these companies are wanting to start me off at. It's getting to be re-goddamn-diculous!!! Good luck though man.

Users who are viewing this thread