Trying to Gauge Market...

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member
Hey Fellas -

Looking at picking up an 03/04 Cobra. I found one that has 35k miles, just about perfect condition. Black, light mods (typical pulley/tune/CAI car), guy is asking $25k. Seems a bit steep for an 11 year old car, but I remember looking at buying one in 2003 for $28k new, and have kicked myself ever since for not buying one.

I understand the value and what the car is, just trying to get a sense of what they're actually selling for. I see a lot of cars perpetually for sale with a pie in the sky number, but they never move. Was thinking in the neighborhood of $18k for this particular car; I plan on driving it, not throwing a car cover on it.

Any help or PMs appreciated.

04nccobra

Established Member
The 25k IMO is too high, you are correct. Funny thing with the high pricing and letting the car sit instead of accepting a fair offer. The question is do you want to sell the car, or do you want to have the car for sale. I offered a dealer an offer within $900.00 of his asking price and it was not acknowledged, meanwhile the car is back on ebay for the 3rd time. Go figure.

mocityboy23

Established Member
The 25k IMO is too high, you are correct. Funny thing with the high pricing and letting the car sit instead of accepting a fair offer. The question is do you want to sell the car, or do you want to have the car for sale. I offered a dealer an offer within $900.00 of his asking price and it was not acknowledged, meanwhile the car is back on ebay for the 3rd time. Go figure.

Same boat. Had at least 3 people do this to me. All I could do is SMH.

mocityboy23

Established Member
As far as this car goes I would say 20-22K is about right considering mileage. 18-19K should get 50-80K mile Cobra if your dealing with a reasonable person. Good luck.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
My dad bought his cobra last year with 45k miles for $16,800 at a dealership before winter. They didn't want to hang on to it during winter so he got a deal. Very clean car with a few performance mods. Definitely a rare deal but they are out there. Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread