Trying to find orig. owner of my L

chuckdlightning

Established Member
What's the best way to go about finding the original owner of your vehicle? I got my truck used form a dealership... you know how that goes; they don't know ANYTING. I got this truck in March of 2007 from Gwinette Place Ford in Georgia. I would really like to know how the truck is tuned. Any suggestions?

skipthedrummer

Established Member
i hope you find out someway. I bought mine used from Tidwell up in Kennesaw, and I have no idea who it came from.

He did have a time slip tucked into the passenger kick panel though, so he seems like a cool dude.

ViciousJay

Established Member
What's the best way to go about finding the original owner of your vehicle? I got my truck used form a dealership... you know how that goes; they don't know ANYTING. I got this truck in March of 2007 from Gwinette Place Ford in Georgia. I would really like to know how the truck is tuned. Any suggestions?

why not just get it retuned and not worry?

N A Rush

Established Member
I don't know about carfax but my Oasis report had the last owners name. Mine was a one owner. You need the Oasis, to see if all warranty work and recalls have been done.

My understanding is that Oasis will only go back 6 months, if the truck wasnt seviced in the previous six month then no history.

What I did in the past was to run a carfax, it wont give you the owners name only addresses. Then I did a reverse search on whitepages.com and got the name and phone number. Gave them a call and learned a ton. Stuff people would never tell you because they wanted to sell the car/truck.

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member

Wow...I'm surprised you waited 2 years to bring this up! ...
I would go back and talk to the dealership. It has always worked for me, after already buying the vehicle. They usually don't have any problem calling up the owner that traded it in, to see if he would mind talking to the new owner with questions...:shrug:

btw, Chuck, what kind of rims do you have on the Trans Am in your Avatar pic?? I like that they look original and the size looks Sick!!!:rockon:

Frank

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Mine came from a bank auction in Dallas. The dealership I have always dealt with found it there. I always wanted to know why my '02 has '03-'04 wheels on it.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
The title that the dealership had before re-registering it in your name will have the previous owners name..

Users who are viewing this thread