Trying to find my old Terminator (not to buy unfortunately haha)

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
here's the for sale thread

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Sale-03-Cobra-Redfire-14000-miles&highlight=

and here's the car... not much to go on as i kept it stock looking

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

i don't know if he would want me posting his name on here? ...but he sold a fox body (notch i believe) to buy this due to how clean i kept the car. i may have been the most anal Terminator owner that i know, i can still tell you it's "flaws" when i sold it. after he saw the pictures with size reference of the "flaws" he knew the extent of care i took of that car. oh and it's new home was in PA, central PA if my memory serves me right. i attempted to contact him via email but i assume he no longer uses that email, like most of us that has happened...

got back into a Mustang, not a Cobra because i'm still not financially ready, and would be nice to know if it's still in a good home. :??:

here's the current project. it's hard to have a car this "rough" after having my Cobra as my last Mustang.
20140923_152453_zpse78ce823.jpg

(the Z71 in the background is why i can't afford another Terminator right now :rolleyes: )

...parting funny story. i almost traded that Cobra in on an 05+ Mustang GT (white with red leather) new and the salesman talked me out of it. said he would rather my Cobra and i would be crazy to get rid of it haha i guess i am crazy

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Last record on here that I found was Nutty5.0 selling it in 2011 and he's from the PA area. (I believe that's who you sold it to?) I think he's still on the site. He may still have the contact info on the buyer.

Nate If you recognize those pics as well I can't be crazy. I know I saw someone selling g one local with those pics maybe a year or so ago.

Last edited:

JustinG60

Established Member
Last record on here that I found was Nutty5.0 selling it in 2011 and he's from the PA area. (I believe that's who you sold it to?) I think he's still on the site. He may still have the contact info on the buyer.

Nate If you recognize those pics as well I can't be crazy. I know I saw someone selling g one local with those pics maybe a year or so ago.

interesting. i know it was sold off of the site but the buyer never contacted me through the site, oddly enough so i had no record to track it down on here.

i guess it's nice to know the car hasn't been wrecked and become a donor car. i guess i will take some of that information and try running with that. i guess i need to give up on the nostalgia of that car but when it comes down to it, a terminator is the only car i can own and not get bored with it haha.

after searching i came across this...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...my-2003-Redfire-Cobra-20-300-miles&highlight=

...people have called him Dave which would be accurate. again, don't want to say his last name but that was def. his first name. from the pictures, i can't tell if it's my old one since most of the pictures don't work. i can't really see the key hole on the driver door to decide the year. i know i didn't have the chrome wheels (not my thing) but that's a pretty easy swap...

Last edited:

JustinG60

Established Member
...well, it's been a while and there was an alter motive to looking for it. i knew in time i would have some money and would consider buying it back. i've had and let go many cars, only 2 of which i regretted selling, and one of which i bought back ...basically only got the shell because the thousands i put into it were stripped.

i did come across a redfire in VA for sale but it has 120k, doubting and hoping that's not my old one or i wouldn't want it back

...it sucks terminator shopping when you want a hard top and little specific on how i believe the car has been treated

01yellercobra

Established Member
At least you're not alone. The PO of my car had serious sellers remorse as soon as I drove away with it. This past year at a show his girlfriend was commenting how much she missed it. And a few weeks ago he called me just to see if I'd sell it back to him.

03cobraracer

Established Member
I've had my car since 04 and have out it up for sale a few times but I just can't do it. I know as soon as it drove away I would hate myself.. So for now she stays here with me. I would be searching for it like you are man. Don't give up. Maybe do a search on the VIN if you have it still.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
The OG owner of my SB car recently was interested in buying it back, but he couldn't make it work financially.

I'm a sucker for reunions. Hope you find yours!!

JustinG60

Established Member
thanks for the responses everyone. i do have the VIN to the car and the old plate on it ...i have the ability to ascertain the owner information from the VIN but i don't have a legal reason to access that information so i have been trying to do it the hard way. it's a bummer... i guess the search continues. have a few feelers out for buying another terminator, wait and see how it plays out i guess.

thanks again for any and all assistance in my searrch!

Users who are viewing this thread