Trying to enlist in Air Force- NO ONE will get back with me!

rachelanne4579

Established Member
:fm: I have all my paperwork fully filled out and all my needed documents ready. Just need to take my ASVAB. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and I've tried the Bedford location, Fort Worth, I've gone up there, emailed, called, left voicemails. WTF?!?! Do I have a note in their system that says "ignore me" or something? What can I do to get a hold of someone?

phfelts

Established Member
I don't know how long you've been trying to get in touch with the recruiter, but mine orginally took like two weeks to return my initial phone call. He was the only AF recruiter in that office and was always out running around somewhere, so I know they can be hard to run into in person. I'd just give it a week or two, and then try again. In general, the AF isn't hurting for people, so somtimes that can affect how willing a recruiter is to follow up on every phone call. :fm:

mvr

Established Member
yeah good luck, mine got right back with me but then again that was 5 years ago and i grew up in an area where not many joined the military. oh and pick NDI as a job. trust me.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Jeez. I mean I knew they weren't hurting for recruits, but didn't think it was THAT bad..... a lot of people tell me not to, but I want to do Vehicle and Vehicular Equipment Maintenance. I want to work on cars, but to go to the technical schools, since I'm so young, I only qualify for about $10k in loans and the remaining $20k (or more if I did gas AND diesel, which I want), has to be on my parents' credit and they don't want to do it. I work for a Mercedes dealership and they said they'd train me, but they're too full and have been for like ever and plus, I'm not sure I'd want to work on luxury cars..... Anyone here do that job for the air force?

TrevorR90

Banned
Not sure if you have been following this government budget crisis. A lot of government civilian employees are being furloughed. In the Army they are shutting down schools to include basic training. I imagine the same will happen to the Navy/Marines and Air Force. They aren't trying to kick people out. They always are actively trying to remove people. Its due to this budget crisis. Why don't you just go to the recruiters office?

wildride02gt

Established Member
sorry to say, but AF has very few recruiters, and even a smaller mission. They have very little need for anybody right now. My wife is an Army recruiter, and things are getting REALLY rough all around. Folks are getting tossed from every service daily. Honestly, I'd give up on the AF and talk to the Army recruiters. They seem to be the only ones with an actual recruiting mission left. I have a few contacts that I can hot up for you, AF and Army. If you like, hit me up on PM and I can have them contact you for some assistance.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Be sure to tell them you would NOT obey an order to fire on US citizens if ordered to. :)

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Not sure if you have been following this government budget crisis. A lot of government civilian employees are being furloughed. In the Army they are shutting down schools to include basic training. I imagine the same will happen to the Navy/Marines and Air Force. They aren't trying to kick people out. They always are actively trying to remove people. Its due to this budget crisis. Why don't you just go to the recruiters office?

I have. There's actually one close to my house, but he always has a sign up that says "out of the office" and to please call him and he'll return any calls within 24 hours.

sorry to say, but AF has very few recruiters, and even a smaller mission. They have very little need for anybody right now. My wife is an Army recruiter, and things are getting REALLY rough all around. Folks are getting tossed from every service daily. Honestly, I'd give up on the AF and talk to the Army recruiters. They seem to be the only ones with an actual recruiting mission left. I have a few contacts that I can hot up for you, AF and Army. If you like, hit me up on PM and I can have them contact you for some assistance.

I will definitely do that! Thank you!

Be sure to tell them you would NOT obey an order to fire on US citizens if ordered to. :)

Unless I got to choose who..... send me your lists and I will take care of the rest! >:D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Poppacapp

Established Member
I just watched Act of Valor again... go for Seal Training FTMFW :rockon:

rachelanne4579

Established Member
I just watched Act of Valor again... go for Seal Training FTMFW :rockon:

Dude okay so totally off topic, but, if you haven't seen Olympus Has Fallen..... oh my god. Sell your soul now and go see it. 1.Gerard Butler is damn sexy
2.He's such a fricken badass
3.HARVEY DENT is the PRESIDENT
4.It's the best damn movie I've seen this year. And that's saying a lot. I saw Twilight, after all. Hard to compete.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
:lol: True!

It was a year wait when I was interested in the AF 5 years ago. Ended up going Army.

Damn..... well I finally got a hold of someone. I'm going tomorrow morning to see them. *fingers crossed!!*

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
yeah good luck, mine got right back with me but then again that was 5 years ago and i grew up in an area where not many joined the military. oh and pick NDI as a job. trust me.

I almost laughed out loud when you typed pick NDI as a job. Yes, YES pick NDI, and don't look back.

Also whatever you do don't come to Okinawa.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Not only that, they bug the everloving SHIT out of you until you're in boot for one of the branches. lol. Don't call them unless you plan on going.

Haha yeahhh air force is probably the only one I would be really serious about doing. Definitely not army, and mayyyybe navy but I don't know anything about them.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I guess I should stop complaining that it took 8 months to secure a contract and head out to basic after I swore in at MEPS.....

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Call the Marine Recruiter. They show up!
I was gonna say, this is clearly Fate's way of telling the OP to put himself through Paris Island instead of joining the Air Force.
crazy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread