Trying to decide on a tablet

Which do you pick?

• Total voters

nickf2005

Established Member
As the title states, I'm trying to figure out what tablet I want to get over the next few weeks. I think I've narrowed down my choices to a few good options and would like your vote and explanation of why.

I am not buying an iPad, so no need to suggest that. I don't quite buy into their product for the price they expect. Not saying it's a bad product, but I'm not paying for it. My option list contains all Android devices, but I may be persuaded to a Window's 8 tablet if the argument is strong enough (although I doubt it will be).

Uses/wants:
- Web Browsing
- App usage (Facebook, Twitter, Forums)
- Picture and video storage (don't download much music and movies)
- Probably will travel quite often with it
- 10" screen

I have narrowed it down to:
Samsung Nexus 10 (Love the specs, but a bit pricey)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Asus Transformer Pad TF300

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
As of now, I would take the Nexus 10. The specs come with a cost and IMO its worth it. Battery and screen I believe is also the best from this poll (I know the screen is for sure).

JDUB348

Established Member
IPad mini 16gb. Price is like $300.. may be a little higher the the others but I could care less. This is coming from a guy who also has an android phone.. and I can't stand the android OS. I had an iPhone before this droid and it was a much nicer phone to use. Can't wait to get back into an iPhone 5.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SVTPete83

Established Member
IPad mini 16gb. Price is like $300.. may be a little higher the the others but I could care less. This is coming from a guy who also has an android phone.. and I can't stand the android OS. I had an iPhone before this droid and it was a much nicer phone to use. Can't wait to get back into an iPhone 5.

Didnt read the top I guess

Dont have much experience with nexus 10 but the note is badass. Worlds ahead of the ipad in flexibility and ability. My wife loves hers. And left an ipad 2 for it ;)

188slo50

Mustang GOD wana b
Established Member
I have a nexus and love it well worth the money. I have a Ipad for work and not all that impressed with it to be honest.

nickf2005

Established Member
I ended up getting the Tab 2 I couldn't justify paying the price on the Nexus and Note. I'm sure they are great devices, but didn't want to spend the dough. Happy so far. Thanks for the comments guys.

Ps. The Topify app seems to run a lot better on Jelly Bean 4.2.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I voted other, Asus Tranfformer Prime, with add on docking keyboard. 19 hours battery, and awesome. I don;'think it's a 300, but if it is I'd vote for that. I know the newer model is not that different or worth the added cost.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
I've got the note 10.1 and I love it. Battery lasts 3-5 days on avg with moderate use, over a week at idle, love the s pen features, processor, big screen, multi window, and completely compatible with my galaxy s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

crazyj0n

Established Member
raise your hand if you don't know the difference between the choices but you voted anyways

*raises hand

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a like new tab 2 and case if you're interested. I'm selling it because I picked up a nexus 10 when it launched a few weeks after I bought the tab 2. I love the N10. I'm not sure why everyone says it's expensive, it is cheaper than the iPad, note, and many other tablets out there.

nickf2005

Established Member
I have a like new tab 2 and case if you're interested. I'm selling it because I picked up a nexus 10 when it launched a few weeks after I bought the tab 2. I love the N10. I'm not sure why everyone says it's expensive, it is cheaper than the iPad, note, and many other tablets out there.

I appreciate it. However, I already bought a Tab 2. If I was willing to spend more, the Nexus would have gotten the nod. The price on the Tab 2 was more in my range. Plus, I want to pick up a HTC One or SGS4 in a couple months and the wife wouldn't have been thrilled if I spent that much dough. I am happy with the Tab 2 so far.

Fuerza

Established Member

I have an iPad Mini and IMO the screen quality is bad.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Nexus 10 if you need the larger screen.

I got my wife and I a pair of Nexus 7 tablets for Christmas, they're awesome.

Viking42

Established Member
I picked up the ASUS Transformer on sale last Black Friday and for the price it is hard to beat. I have been nothing but happy with it so far. If money is no object, the Nexus 10 would be the Tablet to get, but you can catch the TF300T for around $300 or less on sale and that is why it gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread