Trying to Decide 26" or 28" bias front runner

black5oh

Established Member
As the title states... Anyone running one or another? Pros or cons? gonna be on 17" x 4.5" racestars. I have 28x11.50-15 ET Streets out back on 15x8's. Was looking at M&H. Also Phoenix has a 27" as well. Thanks.

86merc

Established Member
I have 26" tires on the front now. I have a set of 28" tires for when I switch over to the RTS front wheels. The 26" in front and 28" in the rear makes it a pain to drive around. The rake puts the bumper very low to the ground. I scrape going in and out of my driveway as well as places on public roads. I think the 28" looks better and offers some advantages.

more weight = less e.t....

Maybe. But the 26" front with a 28" rear may cause an excessive rake. This can work against the rear suspension leverage on the car. Especially a street car with out an adjustable ride height. IF, and I said 'if', the 60' times are better it may offer a better reduction in ET over the weight savings.

Yes, I understand there are many things that factor into a simple tire change. But just offering things for people to think about. Because the tire weight is not the only thing to consider. Heck staging is effected by the tire change.

black5oh

Established Member
To add, car is at stock ride height and this will be a track only setup, possibly drive to and from the strip.

Swetrid

Established Member
I had 26" M&H on the front and it scraped everywhere including the exhaust. My car is lowered but only 1 inch. It does give it a pretty rake too. I would do the 28" when buying again.

Users who are viewing this thread