trying to compress a file to a dvd. need help

svt_fan1129

Established Member
i need to fit 6.8GB into a 4.7GB dvd. I know it could be done I just dont know how to make this happen.

Its an iso file

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Well an ISO is usually an exact duplicate of a disc, an image if you will. At 6.8GB it sounds like you've got an .ISO file created from a DVD movie. The question is what are you going to do with this 4.7GB disc you've crammed 6.8GB of data on? You expect to drop it into a DVD player and watch it?

U.M.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Use DVDFab to strip all the unnecessary audio tracks and subtitles. It will also compress the files if you want it to. Anything more than 20% compression looks like a donkey's ass.
Check the size after. If it's still too large use a Dual layer disk. ImageBurn The Official ImgBurn Website you can set the layer break so the DVD will be in the correctly formatted.

Image burn will also make an .iso. Great for blu-ray disks since they can not be played ripped from a hard disk using PowerDVD or any other third party player.

Although if you D/L VitualCloneDrive SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive PowerDVD WILL play an .iso.

Jeff

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you are just using it as storage, its pointless to compress it onto that dvd.

If you are intending on playing it or actually using the files straight from the DVD, then you need a dual-layer dvd and NO compression.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the reply guys. Its actually a torrent i downloaded and its a game. what next ? lol

go buy a dual layer dvd, use poweriso to burn it as an image onto that disk.

Or use poweriso to mount the image as a virtual disk if you want to use it on the comp you're on.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Be sure you have a double-layer capable DVD burner in your PC if you determine you need to make a disc image from the ISO. They are pretty much all double layer capable these days, but if your PC is more than a couple years old...

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread