Trying to chase down a issue with my car

Brent Davis

Established Member
I recently installed a whipple 2.3 blower kit a week ago on my 2014 GT MT, all went well, started up fine, drove fine, took throttle fine and all that. I drove the car to work this morning and of course it drove fine. Got to work, parked the car and did my full days work. Got in the car to go home and it was running like crap right from start up. It is sputtering and bucking when driving. Got home and checked to see if the JLT filter and tube was still connected and it was, checked for all vacuum lines and everything is good. Rechecked the MAF sensor placement for the correct direction and it is good too. There are NO check engine lights on at all. I am stumped at this point. I haven't checked/changed the plugs yet even though I put brand new ones in while doing the blower kit. I even reloaded the JDM tune back to see if that would help and it is still running rough. Any ideas are welcomed and I will take note.

BTW, I did get on the car the other night but got no ill affects like sputtering or bucking afterwards. Continued to drive fine.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:
Well I changed from the plugs that came with the kit back to the stock plugs since I had them here and that FIXED the problem. No more bucking and stumbling at all.

Last edited:

Brent Davis

Established Member
Rule it out and do compression test. Base tune in it? You been beating on it then it start? Etc

I got on it ONCE since the blower install up to about 6000 RPM's so I wouldn't call it beating on it. It drove perfectly fine for 32 miles for. Home to work. Parked the car and it sat for 9 hours, got in it to come home and the stuttering and bucking was there. Changed the plugs out and all is good until I get new plugs for it.

Thanks for the advice though.

Users who are viewing this thread