Trying this again. 12 5.0 vs GTR

bmitchell373

Established Member
I came a cross a R35 GTR leaving work last week. First stop light no nods or even eye contact, no revving. I rolled out then got on it. He hit it and flew right past. Next light he said I'm going to use launch control. Not really worried about trying, but was going for it just to listen to its exhaust longer. Lights start changing he stages, goes green car is off holding maybe 3k gets out in to the intersection then just takes off!!! I just get threw the intersection and felt like he was a 1/8 mile up the road and shutting down. Dam that is a fast car! Local guy said he knows of a one same color pushing 600whp. Either way, stock/modded it was dam quick!

derockgt

Established Member
gtr's are no joke! especially from a dig! id probably mess around just to see it in action too.

bmitchell373

Established Member
Was something you need to see in real life. The launch was so crazy. And the sound that car makes!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Would definitely play around with a GTR just to hear it and see how I would stack up against one. I have only been close to one and it was at the 1/8th mile track last year.

wnt2gofst

Banned
I like GTR's...Here is what happened when one called me out. I gave him a 1.5 lead from the go. He wanted like 6 cars and the hit.
[youtube_browser]U0wsEcmwgLo&list[/youtube_browser]

bmitchell373

Established Member
I like GTR's...Here is what happened when one called me out. I gave him a 1.5 lead from the go. He wanted like 6 cars and the hit.
[youtube_browser]U0wsEcmwgLo&list[/youtube_browser]

Thats a dam good run. How much of a lead did he get on the launch?

bmitchell373

Established Member
He was out 1.5 cars. We use arm drops for the street events. He was suppose to leave on arm drop same time. He jumped the start. I caught him pretty easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Nice! looked like you car launches hard. what are you 60ft?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
2013 black edition.

Nice...the newer GT-R is all about the launch...don't think they are that impressive in a highway roll but I have never encountered one.

I know the older ones were fairly impressive but again the newer ones are beasts from a launch.

You must have one stout car to give him a 1.5 lead and still run him down that easily?

REPCobra10

Established Member
I've never encountered a GTR at a red-light on the street! Whenever I see them, they're always going the other direction or going the same direction as me...with a shit ton of traffic! Now, I know that I'd get ass-raped by a GT-R, stock or modded, from a dig or a roll, but I'd certainly like to run one first hand just to see what they've got...

wnt2gofst

Banned
When I ran the GTR I was right around 640whp. On bigs and little's. I cut 1.52-1.61 60fts. Car went mid 10's with that way just like it raced the GTR.

I have ran him again on a roll aabout month later. Same thing happened. But he was full bolt ons and E85. I was at 713whp. I walked away pretty easy.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I believe it's another one of those pesky supercharged 5.0's.

Edit, beat me to it.

Last edited:

wnt2gofst

Banned
GTR's are nice from a roll also. Specially once modded

[youtube_browser]WzXEJprXsNw[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]sDDFUQFydYk[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]VBh-7EKE0EE[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]BtzPkIAhG4M[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]LBlR73eCodw&feature[/youtube_browser]

TheHitman™

Established Member
GT-Rs are pretty rough as far as performance from a roll, modded ones are pretty strong. You have to remember that the 09's will top out at 190mph in stock form, the 2013's have seen a little over 200mph stock.

I raced two supercharged 5.0's in my day, one of them had a KB on a stock motor making about 650whp and the other had a 5.2L motor and a Roush TVS. I beat the KB 5.0 3 out of 4 times (lost when I gave him the hit and was out of gear) and lost to the stroked 5.0 by a car to 150mph. I ran the stroked 5.0 on pump gas and the KB 5.0 on E85. I should have vids of all the action later on today.

Users who are viewing this thread