Trying out my new camera....56K nope.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
The wife surprised me with a new camera yesterday. Only problem is I'm a TOTAL noob at photography. After looking at a few "Basics of Photography" sites today I figured I'd try a few pics in manual mode. These are right off the camera, I don't know enough to fiddle with the pics yet but if anybody wants to then feel free. Any tips are appreciated, just be gentle.:thumbsup:

DSC00073.gif

DSC00075.gif

DSC00084.gif

DSC00107.gif

DSC00110.gif

DSC00121.gif

DSC00126.gif

DSC00115.gif

scn

Established Member
Pretty cool. The pics aren't bad for just getting the camera. A little practice and you will be right there. Already looks like you have a good eye for a shot.

bubbrubb

Nice car and good eye! Get photoshop and play around with the contrast and brightness a bit is one easy thing to make photos look a little better.

How do you like those Falken RT615's?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
One of the biggest things in photography is the lighting. You took great pictures, and the angles were all great, but they will look MUCH better if you can get some contrasting light in there.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Your camera sucks, the white balance is way off.
6q1ge11.jpg

very nice shots, you have an eye for composition, get a tripod and try taking some pics in softer light with better background

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
^^^^

Haha

Nice pics for your first try. The main thing is having a good eye, the rest just comes with practice. I'd try to find a Photo edting software, like Photoshop, and play around with your images in there. The basic things to wake a picture up will be to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and sometimes the light and color curves.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
Thanks for the tips guys. A tripod will be my next purchase for sure, then try & get a photoshop program.:beer:

How do you like those Falken RT615's?
My only complaint is straight line traction. They are a street tire though.

bubbrubb

Thanks for the tips guys. A tripod will be my next purchase for sure, then try & get a photoshop program.:beer:

That surprises me about the straight line traction... then again you do have a whipple!

If you look around, you can get ahold of a copy of photoshop and a cd key online rather than the big price tag they put on it. I don't have it on this computer, but PM me if you need some help lloyyd :burnout:

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
If you look around, you can get ahold of a copy of photoshop and a cd key online rather than the big price tag they put on it. I don't have it on this computer, but PM me if you need some help lloyyd :burnout:

I'll do that, thanks.:beer:

In the meantime I played with a couple in the Picture Motion Browser.:shrug:

DSC001201.gif

DSC001261.gif

DSC001091.gif

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member

You can go to Adobe's website and download Photoshop CS for 30 days, and there are no limits on the program so everything that you would have if you paid for it will be there. That is a $650 program so you may as well get it for as long as you can free.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Pretty cool. The pics aren't bad for just getting the camera. A little practice and you will be right there. Already looks like you have a good eye for a shot.

+1 good stuff for your first try. And thats a sweet lookin snake BTW!

Users who are viewing this thread