Try this if pulled for speeding

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
So me and the wife decided to go out last night. I just got the car, and this was her first ride, so.......... We get on the highway, I have a van in front of me, no one behind. Time to show her my man card, right here right now! She'd never felt the awesome power as of yet! So the van gets ahead 2/10ths of a mile... 1st gear. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 2nd gear. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa. LEO passes mid pull. He snaps around, and lights me up. Comes to the car, I say I'm a dick, I was showing off, ect. License reg. I say to the guy I had to check my tune, he says yeah, sure. I say you can take the car for a ride if u want! He loosens up, tells me how much he likes the car, and gave me a warning. Overall moral of the story, when I was a young punk kid asking" wtf you pull me over for" that didn't work so well! Treat others like you wanna be treated. I WAS BREAKING THE LAW! Cool guy.... Thanks for the warning :beer:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
How'd that man card look after your encounter? :lol1:

Be safe out there. :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I probably would have accepted the offer to drive the car....:lol1:

good story, be safe :beer:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
So me and the wife decided to go out last night. I just got the car, and this was her first ride, so.......... We get on the highway, I have a van in front of me, no one behind. Time to show her my man card, right here right now! She'd never felt the awesome power as of yet! So the van gets ahead 2/10ths of a mile... 1st gear. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 2nd gear. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa. LEO passes mid pull. He snaps around, and lights me up. Comes to the car, I say I'm a dick, I was showing off, ect. License reg. I say to the guy I had to check my tune, he says yeah, sure. I say you can take the car for a ride if u want! He loosens up, tells me how much he likes the car, and gave me a warning. Overall moral of the story, when I was a young punk kid asking" wtf you pull me over for" that didn't work so well! Treat others like you wanna be treated. I WAS BREAKING THE LAW! Cool guy.... Thanks for the warning :beer:

I would've driven your car, wrecked it at 140 or so, and STILL written you the ticket. lol

J/K Us cops can be cool, even when you're trying to show your man card.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
How'd that man card look after your encounter? :lol1:

Be safe out there. :beer:

She's my wife, so she already knows I'm half! man half half idiot! Officer was cool as shit :beer: I guess dealing with people @ the worst time in their lives isn't as easy as it sounds. I finally get it!

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
I think age has a lot to do with it. When I was young I was always polite when I was pulled over and I always got a ticket and usually a lecture. I'm older now and I get a ticket half the time.

When I was 20 I got a ticket going 21 mph in a school zone during summer break. On the drive home a motorcycle cop gave me a warning for 78 in a 70. I feel like that road trip was as close to dividing by zero as I will ever come.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I think age has a lot to do with it. When I was young I was always polite when I was pulled over and I always got a ticket and usually a lecture. I'm older now and I get a ticket half the time.

When I was 20 I got a ticket going 21 mph in a school zone during summer break. On the drive home a motorcycle cop gave me a warning for 78 in a 70. I feel like that road trip was as close to dividing by zero as I will ever come.

Tell me the 21 in a school zone didn't hold up. That's just crazy right there.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
I couldn't contest it because I don't live in Arizona and couldn't go back just for court. I think it was almost $200. They don't write the total on the ticket, they write the statute and give you a brochure with tables on it listing the violation. Then you have to go to another table and add more money for it being a school zone. I added it up wrong and underpaid by $40 or so. They had my license suspended and sold the debt to collections without contacting me. The whole operation seemed amateurish. I like how Washington handles tickets, it's very straightforward. I got a ticket once on the reservation near home and they even sent me a receipt for my check with a hand written thank you note.

Speed limit there was 15, and it was about August 20th. I was lost at the time and didn't see a sign indicating the speed limit so I slowed to what seemed reasonable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread