Trustworthy Shops In Central FL

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
What's up everyone I'm actually moving to Clermont, FL in January 2014. I have a guy here in Jersey that does all the work to my car so I was wondering if anyone had any shops in Central FL that were good.

I'm heading out there with my GF and her family. They are building a house and it should be done by July so I might bring my car down and leave it for when I get there in January. Any insight would be great! Looks forward to meeting those that live down there. :rockon:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
LaMotta over in Longwood is about the only place I know of, it would be a bit of a trek from clermont though

onirb

Established Member
LaMotta he does all of the work on my car. Being from NJ I am very picky who works on my car and they do excellent work.

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
Just looked at they are an hour away. That's not too bad. No one knows of a shop in Orlando or a little closer ?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

strongs_2009

Established Member
+1 Lamotta hand down for central. Unless you dont mind going south aways then you have power by the hour and that. Get ahold of Jake if you dont want to go far. He did work for me and I would go to him for anything.

JpL4K3

Established Member
I know Powered By Ford is in Orlando, but I've never used them. I'm lucky to live within 15 minutes from Lamotta.

rudyrivera1189

Established Member
Alright I guess lamotta it is ! He does dyno tunes as well? I will need to get a bigger heat exchanger when I head down there since I'm still using the stock one.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

mysticoupe

torquaholic
Established Member
Iamotta is a good, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Justin at vmp tuning. He is in the central FL area and deff. worth checking out.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Iamotta is a good, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Justin at vmp tuning. He is in the central FL area and deff. worth checking out.

I know he does some stuff but didnt think Justin was doing full shop work outside of certain parts installs

Powered By Ford seems to be in the toilet, their showroom is a mess and has been for a couple years now. I have never had work done there but the common thread I run across with local guys is that if you know the PBF guys well and your buddies theyll treat you well, otherwise not so much

gtstang1219

Established Member
Lamotta is good, i have had some work done there also check out Jordan at Excessive Motorsports. He built a motor for me about a year ago and did a really good job, very reasonably priced.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Unless something has drastically changed in the past year, Justin doesn't do much outside of tuning.

VMP Tuning and Superchargers does tuning, supercharger installs and installation of supporting mods including Mcleod clutches, exhaust system, injectors, MAFs, heat exchangers etc...

MikesCobra

Established Member
I know Powered By Ford is in Orlando, but I've never used them. I'm lucky to live within 15 minutes from Lamotta.

They as in (powered by ford) consistently quote ridiculous prices over the competition and spend more time on the phone trying to sell you a brand you have no interest in then actually listening to the customer. Id stay away from them

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I picked up my car from Lamatta Performace yesterday.
Jake had to fix my diff after another shop failed miserably twice to set it up properly.
Had to put in another set of gears.
I love paying twice to get shit done right once.......

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
VMP Tuning and Superchargers does tuning, supercharger installs and installation of supporting mods including Mcleod clutches, exhaust system, injectors, MAFs, heat exchangers etc...

thanks for clarifying, wasnt sure what stuff he did that was just for his stuff and what stuff was actually worked on there

I picked up my car from Lamatta Performace yesterday.
Jake had to fix my diff after another shop failed miserably twice to set it up properly.
Had to put in another set of gears.
I love paying twice to get shit done right once.......

so what shop should we be staying from? LaMotta and Advanced Driveline are the only two I know of offhand that I would consider for a gear swap

...Ill be taking my pile to LaMotta here shortly

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
thanks for clarifying, wasnt sure what stuff he did that was just for his stuff and what stuff was actually worked on there

so what shop should we be staying from? LaMotta and Advanced Driveline are the only two I know of offhand that I would consider for a gear swap

...Ill be taking my pile to LaMotta here shortly

PM sent.
Jake will take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread