Trustworthy Shops and Tuners in/near South NJ

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
Go with Wicked, he is tough to get a hold of, keep calling, but he is worth it.

I had him put in some gears and align the differential. I have the SCT Tuner, but I just need to get it to him for a tune. The Diablo tune that I have just pings and pings when the car gets to 180 degrees, there is nothing that I can do to get rid of it. So I'm gonna dump the Diablo and get Kevin's tune

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Take a day trip down to MD and see Jason at Competition Speed and sound. You wont regret it and you will not be able to beat the price.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ever see what they did on hear with the Gt500 when it first came out. They reported drag strip times and hp figures without mentioning like half the mods on the car.

Their attitude and demeanor from what I've seen leaves MUCH to be desired.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Competition Speed and Sound is a 4 hour drive away and over 200 miles away.
Matt Hill is a 1 hour drive and about 40 miles away
Wicked is about a 1.5 hour drive and 60 miles away

I think i'll go with wicked or matt hill, I'm gonna go check each out (matt hill when it opens) and wicked over the summer. Competition is too far away.

SYMach9184

Established Member
if you want to check out a shop in spotswood,nj called mrc motorsports they specialize in 350z but one of the guys that works there had worked for laroccas before they closed. i havent had any work done there yet but a friend of mine had a couple things done to his 05 gt. im looking to get my shortblock done and a hellion turbo kit and thats where im going

THE_STIG

Established Member
Has anyone dealt with JDM Engineering in Freehold, NJ? A buddy of mine mentioned them but didn't say anything about their service.

Longtree

Established Member
Has anyone dealt with JDM Engineering in Freehold, NJ? A buddy of mine mentioned them but didn't say anything about their service.

They were great w/me.

It may take a while to get an appointment at JDM. (They don't take in everybody's car off the street and work on the vehicles when they feel like it.)

But once they take you in, they get the work done and done right.

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
They were great w/me.

It may take a while to get an appointment at JDM. (They don't take in everybody's car off the street and work on the vehicles when they feel like it.)

But once they take you in, they get the work done and done right.
I agree with both statements but the wait and slight agita will be worth it............ and the power mods in the sig by:rockon:JDM

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Kevin @ WickedMotorsports in Brick. Nicest, most knowledgeable tuner I've ever dealt with. Made my 03 an animal in comparison with what Crazy Horse did. WickedMotorsports is the only way to go IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread