Trustworthy Shops and Tuners in/near South NJ

THE_STIG

Established Member
Hey Guys,
I am looking into some more serious work on my cobra this summer and I don't have the experience or the tools to do some of them. Ie. Suspension, Ported Intake, headers, etc.

Where do you NJ guys go to when you need to get your car tuned or worked on?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
There are two that I can think of but they are in the philly area. Swarr automotive, they did my power pipe and subframe connectors. They were doing an intake swap and a powerdine on a 95 cobra when I picked my car up. Good guys and very good pricing. I was like $300 for the power pipe install, a good once over on the car and custom subframe connectors. You might also want to check out evolution performance, never had any work done there but I got my tune done. I was very happy with their service.

Last edited:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
It's been about 10 years since I lived in Jersey but my favorite shop was Crazy Horse Racing...I believe they're located in South Amboy, NJ(Central) now??? Chris Winter is the owner, great guy!!!

I used to buy a lot of parts from Downs Ford(Central)...at the time "Wild Bill" Devine(7 second TT 5.0) and "Nitrous Pete" Misinsky(First 03-04 Cobra into the 10's) worked there. These guys were legends back then and I'm not sure what they've been up to in recent years.

Tony's Metal Craft in Vineland, NJ(South) built one of my roll cages, Nitrous Pete hooked me up with him. Quality welding and fabrication!!!

Level 10 in Hamburg, NJ(North) did all my transmission work. Great service, owner Pat Barret would personally test your vehicle after the work was done!!! Not just for automatics...they worked on sticks too!!!

Other shops I used:

Outrageous Mustangs-Freehold, NJ???(Central)... "Big Daddy" Dwain Gutridge(another Legend)ran the place way back when!!! I think he holds the drag radial record for Mustangs???

Larroca's Performance-Englishtown/Old Bridge Township... Larroca is yet another Legend that put 5.0 Mustangs on the map back in the late 80's and 90's!!!

I know that most of these shops are up North but I'm sure they can set you up with some shops down your way...just look them up!!!

Later...Dave

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
There is no one better in NJ than Kevin @ wicked Motorsports.

Laroccas is damn near closed, crazy horse sucks, evolution is really shady, etc.

Wicked motorsports, without question.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
There is no one better in NJ than Kevin @ wicked Motorsports.

Laroccas is damn near closed, crazy horse sucks, evolution is really shady, etc.

Wicked motorsports, without question.

Wow...things have changed!!!

Larocca out of business??? Crazy Horse sucks??? I don't remember Evolution, when & where did they open up shop???

Wicked Motorsports...what part of Jersey???

Later...Dave

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Wow...things have changed!!!

Larocca out of business??? Crazy Horse sucks??? I don't remember Evolution, when & where did they open up shop???

Wicked Motorsports...what part of Jersey???

Later...Dave

Evolution is located in Aston, Pa (Rt. 452 & 322)......been open for about 2 years or so with the tuning and installations....used to be called Mighty Muffler, they are now located across the street from Evo.

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
Also Radical racing on jackson ave on the way to ATCO. They just put my gears in and he specializes on fords. (856) 753-7117

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Hey Guys,
I am looking into some more serious work on my cobra this summer and I don't have the experience or the tools to do some of them. Ie. Suspension, Ported Intake, headers, etc.

Where do you NJ guys go to when you need to get your car tuned or worked on?

Dude!!! Check out Jason @ www.competitionspeedandsound.com

He's a MACA member and has done everything from blower swaps, to solid rear conversions, to turbo installs... He is an EXCELLENT mechanic and his prices are very reasonable. It's worth the trip. :beer:

PM TRBO VNM for more info :rockon:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Wicked Motorsports is in Brick, NJ.

You will not find a more honest and competent shop owner/operator in the country than Kevin.

yes, go see craig at radical racing....hes done my cobra...and he will set you up right with the best price....and hes really good at tunning cobras!! and he does not charge a arm and a leg. but check him out hes located in Acto, NJ

THE_STIG

Established Member
ok, so I got:
Matt Hill Motorsports
Crazy Horse Racing
Down's Ford
Tony's Metal Craft
Level 10
Outrageous Mustangs
Larocca's Performance
Wicked Motorsports
Evolution Performance
radical Racing
Competition Speed and Sound

miss anybody?

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
ok, so I got:
Matt Hill Motorsports(Shop not open yet)
Crazy Horse Racing(I wouldn't go there)
Down's Ford(I would think you would pay alot being its a dealer)
Tony's Metal Craft(Never heard of them so can't say)
Level 10(Could be wrong but I think they are a Trans shop)
Outrageous Mustangs
Larocca's Performance(Closed)
Wicked Motorsports( Heard good thing about Kevin)
Evolution Performance
radical Racing
Competition Speed and Sound( Heard good things about Jason)

miss anybody?

Put my reply in quote

THE_STIG

Established Member
New List:
Wicked Motorsports
Evolution Performance
Radical Racing
Competition Speed and Sound
Outrageous Mustangs
Matt Hill Motorsports (when it opens)

Users who are viewing this thread