Trusted Tranny Shop in/around BR

Lightmare

Banned
Pretty sure I broke an input shaft. I have the new liberty 26 spline shaft and spec's 26 spline disk to go with my already installed spec 3+.

I have no other option but to tow it to a shop here to have it installed since I lack the tools.

Anyone give me the name of a shop that they trust and were happy with?

My thanks!

:beer:

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
There's only one in that whole area that I trust - Custom Built Transmissions don on the West Bank in N.O - Eddie does premier work. 504-347-5481

He's built several trannies for guys around there that have stood the test of time / horespower - including mine.

Bird

REDSVT150

Established Member
I have to agree with Bird. I have heard nothing but good things and know a few of the guys that he has built trannies for.

Brad

Lightmare

Banned
Thanks Bird and Red.

Only problem I'm having is I would have to call a tow truck to tow it. A tow from BR to NO...well...I don't want to even think of how much that would be.

My friend has a trailor that would could borrow, but my Lightning is blown up and my roomate's truck it about 14 feet tall.

I'll have to find a way to tow it to Lafayette so I can drop the tranny there and take it to ATC.

Ah well, Thanks guys for the help. :beer:

REDSVT150

Established Member
Have you thought about just dropping the tranny out and bringing it down. I know there are few guys that be able to haul it for you. Let me ask around.

Brad

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I used Budget Transmission on Airline, right past Kirks. I know the name doesnt sound like much but the guy did great work and he doesnt charge out the ass. He pulled my 3650 down and installed a spec stage 2+, ran it for about 7,000 miles with no problem. Bought a used T56 and had it installed at the shop that was building my motor in NC, ended up being a POS so when I got my car home he pulled it, mailed the core to rpm transmissions, got the built T56 back with 26 spline input shaft and installed it. Never had a problem with it. Highly recommended. Ask for Billy

Z7What