Trunk Vent

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
I pulled the interior piece out to get to the fuel inertia switch in the trunk and noticed a vent underneath the driver's side tailight. It's more towards the rear quarter panel and on the side of the car. I saw pics of it in my Haynes manual, but none with a description. Anyone know what it is for?

JohnsMyName

Established Member
I think thats were mice got into my car this past winter :nonono: No idea why it's there though. If you store your car outside, plug it up.

dbc5150

Flynbyu
Established Member
It's probably some safety device so when you stuff your enemy in there they can still breath until someone finds them....lol

Black Stang 97

Established Member
i found one on the passanger side bumper...but i think its for when you over fill it wont go all over the exterior of the bumper.. its a lil hose and it goes down from the gas cap to the bottom of the bumper on the side...

ponyracer

Established Member
Slow95Cobra said:
just a vent to let mosture and gases escape...

Good, its mainly for when you close your doors or trunk to relieve pressure and allow the doors/trunk to close. They usually have a rubber flap incorporated into them so air/pressure moves out of the vehicle and not into.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
SinisterSTANG said:
I pulled the interior piece out to get to the fuel inertia switch in the trunk and noticed a vent underneath the driver's side tailight. It's more towards the rear quarter panel and on the side of the car. I saw pics of it in my Haynes manual, but none with a description. Anyone know what it is for?

Are these to release pressure out of the trunk as the trunk lid is closed?

R

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
yeah, they are there for various purposes, but i have seen other fords leak water from them, o if a ever happen to be in there and can see it, just double check that they are snapped in tightly. and yes there is a drain ube from the bottom of the filler neck hole and attatches to a gromment in the rear bumper, keeps gas from sitting in the filler door if it splashes out... just make sure your hose is connected to the bumper . ive seen them come loose and flop in the wind while drivin ' down the highway...lol

Users who are viewing this thread