Trunk Release?!

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Do the 05' GT's have an interior trunk release button, or can you only open it by using the key fob and by actually using the key in the trunk (the olde school way)? :burnout:

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
no interior trunk release. I'm not sure about that one though. unless you can release the trunk with the key in the ignition.

Matt

Violator1

Established Member
yes, you can release the trunk from the FOB while the key is in the ignition...and no interior trunk release to speak of

rwbronco

Silver 2005 Mustang GT
Established Member
I can't find one at all...stupid design by ford. I closed my keys in the trunk the other day and had to climb through the back seats and reach around my stereo system...

what if i were to have a custom fiberglass enclosure that blocked the laid down seats from the front of the subs where my keys had been laid? DOH!!!

/bonk
:bash:

OZ Dude

Going Crazy Down Under!
Established Member
Don't ya hate that. Go to the trouble of designing a complete new car and miss something simple like a trunk release.

Just remember, people from Ford read through these boards so they'll be on it as an update by now :)

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Here's an example of another cost saving measure byu Ford. You can only access the truck via the remote or key.

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
I think it's a good idea!

For a thief it was easy to open your trunk(pre05) and look casual taking your stuff. But now look how much harder it is and how it would look getting ripped off, if someone was cleaning out your trunk through the car. And for a convert, it's even more secure. They did think about it, you can use your key and you have the remote. In case some of you don't realize you can open the trunk with the car running as long as you have the parking brake on. I don't think they were trying to save money, just being smarter.

Just my 2¢

Sapperstang

Established Member
It's a cost saver. Just like the changes they made from 03 to 04. Hell my car doesn't even have an underhood light.

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Sapperstang said:
It's a cost saver. Just like the changes they made from 03 to 04. Hell my car doesn't even have an underhood light.

What changes would that be? My '04 Cobra has a trunk release button.

Users who are viewing this thread