Trunk Release inop

a64armt

Established Member
Prior to departing to Iraq last year, my trunk release was acting screwy. During my absence, it quit all together. I was going to troubleshoot it, but I need a diagram. I am looking for a diagram I can download or maybe someone can provide me. I am also looking for recommendations on maintenance Manuals that would cover our SVT Focus. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Vincent

a64armt

Established Member
Key FOB doesn't work either

My Key FOB doesn't work either. The problem doesn't seem to be the trunk latch assembly or the dash switch. I can make the trunk latch actuate by sending 12 VDC to two pins, and the ground side from the harness is present. There is 12VDC always present at the switch on a seperate pin which doesn't seem to actuate the switch. I had considered that there is a lock status from the actuator assembly preventing the operation, similar to the interlock which is removed if the vehicle is traveling faster than 7mph, but the doors automatically lock when speed reaches 7mph.

I can really over think this problem, but I hope it is something simple. I am searching for a decent manual, but I have yet to locate any manual.

Our problem has been present off and on since we purchased the car, but it would never fail when at the dealership. Go figure!

Thanks
Vincent

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
My trunk release went out about 3 months ago. I told the dealer and about a week later they put the new parts in. I think they said that the actuator in the lock died. It's worked great since then. :burnout:

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
My trunk latch switch broke too. It would work via the remote, but not the switch. I replaced the switch and now it works.

a64armt

Established Member
Found and fixed

I found the problem. The 12vdc line from the Central Locking controller was open between the CLC and the Trunk lock assy. The green and white wire was cut or broken at the trunk lid harness boot (where the harness passes from the body to the hatch lid). Soldered, and M.O.C. ok!

I did find a Haynes Manual, the wiring diagram was helpful.

Thanks,
Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread