Trunk Mounted Flow Thru Tank

Euthanasia

Established Member
I came up with this after seeing some guys use the Vortech cooling tanks in the trunk. FYI this is set up in my Cobalt right now. The tank holds 4 gallons of water with the option to fill with ice.

trunkmount003.jpg

[ame="http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/euthanasia662/?action=view&current=trunkmount004.flv"]trunkmount004.flv video by euthanasia662 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

Krwy

Established Member
Cool, but not really much room in a Mustang trunk to fit that up near the seats and fill it with ice.

Where did you get it?

Euthanasia

Established Member
Cool, but not really much room in a Mustang trunk to fit that up near the seats and fill it with ice.

Where did you get it?

I made the tank. I was looking for a way to prolong heat soak and for days at the track put ice in it. It measures 6"Wx8.5"Hx30"L

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
Looks nice, it's a good idea to put it back there (better traction). The only thing that I don't like is the video it looks like toilet water, JKD..........

Euthanasia

Established Member
Looks nice, it's a good idea to put it back there (better traction). The only thing that I don't like is the video it looks like toilet water, JKD..........

lol yeah the blue color is fuel cell foam I put inside to help prevent sloshing.

Users who are viewing this thread