Trunk-Mounted Aux. IC Tank

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
auxICtank.jpg

Aluminum outer tank with coiled copper tubing for the intercooler plumbing to run through. Fill the aluminum tank with ice/water and voila! Owner (which will rename confidential) claimed 50F drop in IC temps. Uses stock intercooler pump. Owner claimed ~50 feet of additional intercooler lines.

Discuss...

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Weight over the rear tires is much less harmful than weight in the front. That's why so many people move their battery to their trunk.

georgearnold_3

Destrominate
Established Member
big intercoolers are the way to go. the intercooler in our 2300HP Outlaw 10.5 Mustang sits in the passenger seat and takes the whole thing up. the temp of the air going into the motor is an average of about 41 degrees. thats after coming out of a 106mm turbo, then going through the intercooler. big intercoolers are the way to go!!!

hardcore35th

Established Member
Originally posted by georgearnold_3
big intercoolers are the way to go. the intercooler in our 2300HP Outlaw 10.5 Mustang sits in the passenger seat and takes the whole thing up. the temp of the air going into the motor is an average of about 41 degrees. thats after coming out of a 106mm turbo, then going through the intercooler. big intercoolers are the way to go!!!
Agreed fully.:thumbsup:

georgearnold_3

Destrominate
Established Member
i like how he put it in the spare tire spot...something to think about when my turbo system comes together....o and water weighs about 7 lbs a gallon, so, that thing prolly does about 10 gallons i would guess. about 80 pounds with the aluminum

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread