trunk alignment issues

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
since i bought my car the left side of the trunk has been slightly off. my question is, does anyone know how to align one back up? should i leave it to the professionals and let a body shop try to fix it? it hasn't bothered me until i put my kaenen wing on and it threw it off a bit. any help will be appreciated and maybe i can save some money by keeping it out of the body shop. thanks.

DSCN1588.gif

DSCN1691.gif

DSCN1368-1.gif

Last edited:

bestbuy654

J-E-T-S
Established Member
mine was like too. all i did was realigned the latch striker (the hook looking thing) in the trunk. hopefully it will work for you too.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
it was raised on just the one side like mine? how will adjusting the striker help? sorry, i'm just not good with this sort of thing and i want to ask as many questions as possible before i tear into it.

bestbuy654

J-E-T-S
Established Member
yea it looked exactly the same. if the striker is a little off center it will cause the trunk lid to close incorrectly giving you alignment issues. I would check that first before anything because its really simple to realign, if not i would assume you would have realign the whole trunk lid

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread