trunk ajar light

jbur074

Established Member
EDIT- soloution to the light -- figured it out yesterday, on the top part of the trunk the connector that plugs into the latch slides out really easy and it loses connection, mine was completely unpluged but after plugging it in, i tried to pull it out and it slid out really easy and the connector wasnt broken, if this happens to you just pull out the carpet lining on the top around the shifter and you can see the connector. real easy fix, did it with a butter knife (to pop the black push pins out) just an FYI

So the other day I was getting something out the trunk and close it. Right afterword my trunk ajar light came on. Went back and slammed it shut. Light is still on. I go back tocheck if its fully closed and its definatly closed. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Last edited:

corruptor

Established Member
So the other day I was getting something out the trunk and close it. Right afterword my trunk ajar light came on. Went back and slammed it shut. Light is still on. I go back tocheck if its fully closed and its definatly closed. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Happened to me yesterday too - the trunk ajar light came on as soon as I started the car up. Went out to check, trunk was visibly closed. Opened it fully and re-closed it, light went away.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
this happened to me too a month or so ago. I just kept opening and shutting the thing like a tardbot in the walmart parking lot until the light went off. I'm sure i made it on that people of walmart website after that. Great job ford. :rockon:

kevinp

Established Member
When is a trunk not a trunk? When its a jar..

Mine did the same thing the day I brought it home new, opened and slammed the trunk a few times and it has not done it in a few months - quality Chinese made switch most likely.

jbur074

Established Member
figured it out yesterday, on the top part of the trunk the connector that plugs into the latch slides out really easy and it loses connection, mine was completely unpluged but after plugging it in, i tried to pull it out and it slid out really easy and the connector wasnt broken, if this happens to you just pull out the carpet lining on the top around the shifter and you can see the connector. real easy fix, did it with a butter knife (to pop the black push pins out) just an FYI

corruptor

Established Member
figured it out yesterday, on the top part of the trunk the connector that plugs into the latch slides out really easy and it loses connection, mine was completely unpluged but after plugging it in, i tried to pull it out and it slid out really easy and the connector wasnt broken, if this happens to you just pull out the carpet lining on the top around the shifter and you can see the connector. real easy fix, did it with a butter knife (to pop the black push pins out) just an FYI

Wait, did you find the connector loose that goes into the trunk or to the trunk release in the interior console? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread