True trac vs stock trac lok?

My96z

Established Member
I can get a Detroit True track for really cheap, just not sure if its good for what I want it for. My car is a street car that might see the drag strip about once a month. I dont do auto X or open tracking, mostly just street brawls and stoplight action.

Is the True track better for that sort of thing than the stock diff I have in now? Car is a SRA.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sagittaria

Established Member
With the amount of power we have, the stock trac lok works well for holding two wheel buyouts. Imo the stock peice is great for street occasional strip use.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'm sure Jimmy will chime in too since he loves his. I say do it if you can.

The OEM Trac Lock is great in a straight line. The True Trac is going to be much better coming off a corner though. You will be able to go full throttle sooner since the diff will do a better job splitting the torq between the wheels. Not really needed for a street car but I think it will make the driving experience better. But that said I am not sure you will see the full benefit of a True Trac with a SRA.

My96z

Established Member
Yea it doesnt sound like it will do me any good then as I am not a corner carver, nor do I do any spirited drives on the twisty country roads out here any more than the speed limit. I am really happy with the car and how it drives and handles now. I will just keep my trac lock.

Thanks for the help guys!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread