True forged wheel with r888 toyo tires fit

cbarile

Established Member
I have a set of true forged 18x11 rims that have 04sleeper wheel specs. I just bought a set of toyo r888 315/30/18 tires to replace my falken azenis 315/30/18 tires and had no rubbing issues with the falkens. I have low profile IRS bolts with h-r springs with iso. I wanted to know what you guys think about the r888 rubbing on my car or will I need to roll the fenders. Is anyone out there using this setup? If so, what was the outcome. Thanks

101blur

Established Member
I suggest rolling your fenders especially if you push your car in the corners with that tire you should be

T800

Established Member
One thing you will notice is that the R888 run pretty wide. Meaning alot of other tires(especially DR's) tend to run pretty narrow for the same tire size. I have the 315/30/18's on my rig and had to use a wheel spacer, but thats on a 10.5 wheel. My car also sits at stock height, so I have no issues with the fenders. An 18" wheel tends to clear the IRS bolt at stock ride height as well.

How much room do you have with the Falkens, on the inside I mean? If its less than a half inch...you'll probably have to run a spacer. These things are FAT.

Jefe

Established Member
At $350+ per tire I wouldnt even think twice about it. Roll the fenders, especially since its lower than stock

Jsko

Established Member
I am running 18x10.5 AFS with those same size R888s. I suggest rolling the fenders. I am on H&R Race springs and they hit once. Ill be rolling them once I have some time and the tool.

Users who are viewing this thread