True Forged Intercooler Reservoir / ice tank Group Buy

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Ok, I got an email from Steve and he asked me to post up and give everyone an update. So here it is.

The tanks are supposed to be ready from powder coating today. im going to call to find out and try to run over there to get them. from there, they'll go to etching, except for those that dont want it, those will ship out asap.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Ok, I got an email from Steve and he asked me to post up and give everyone an update. So here it is.

The tanks are supposed to be ready from powder coating today. im going to call to find out and try to run over there to get them. from there, they'll go to etching, except for those that dont want it, those will ship out asap.

been buried doing taxes these past two weeks. corp taxes were due yesterday. my mind has been ALL over the place this past week. like a pre-occupied idiot, i hopped in the truck and ran over to the powder coating shop to pick up the stuff, without calling first :bash: (its about 35 miles down the freeway). well sure enough, i got there and the stuff wasnt ready yet. they had just finished sand blasting some of the parts. the owner told me they'd be ready late this afternoon but too close to closing time. so the plan is to get them tomorrow morning.

as you can see in this quick phone pic i snapped here, a ton of hood vent frames waiting to get sprayed and a tank.

i also stopped by the shop yesterday that does the polishing for these parts and they havent gotten to it yet. theyre trying to play catch up on some huge job. theyre pricing is really good so i cant really complain. the only option would be to pull the stuff out and send it as is.

im confident the powder coating will be done and ready tomorrow since it was all lined up and ready to be sprayed. ill ask the polisher to knock out the caps to be polished first so they can be ready to go with their boxes.

powdercoating-1.gif

as soon as i have the tanks tomorrow, ill post up a pic of them in all their powder coated glory and then update what will go on from there. thank you for your patience :beer:

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
I"m definitely interested in getting in on this group buy, but I'm also very curious if the quality of powder coating has gotten any better then what I have personally seen on one recently received Lightning intercooler tank. Just wandering if getting it sent in raw form and having it powder coated myself would be worth it?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I"m definitely interested in getting in on this group buy, but I'm also very curious if the quality of powder coating has gotten any better then what I have personally seen on one recently received Lightning intercooler tank. Just wandering if getting it sent in raw form and having it powder coated myself would be worth it?

the last batch of lightning tanks werent sandblasted first.

these have all been sandblasted before the powder coating has been done.

picked them up today. these huge boxes have the actual tank boxes inside them :thumbsup:
photo-2.jpg

those that will be going to etching will be dropped off there tomorrow. those not being etched should start shipping asap, possibly tomorrow. i :poke: the polishing guy and he knocked out the 2 tanks and caps that were waiting on that to be done.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i asked him to get them done asap. possibly the end of this week but more likely next just based on past experience.

Blackedout

Established Member
When will the tanks that are not getting the etching, just powder coating w/polished top going to be ready for shipping???

VasiliosK

Established Member
really want one of these tanks.. I'm guessing I need to wait for the next GB though..

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
When will the tanks that are not getting the etching, just powder coating w/polished top going to be ready for shipping???

trying to get them out tomorrow/today. its midnight lol

really want one of these tanks.. I'm guessing I need to wait for the next GB though..

yes but we'll have one VERY soon. going to do a dual GB along with the matching expansion tanks ;-)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
got a stack of tanks going out today for these people. fedex will be emailing you with tracking info.

Sassafras
Blackedout
Wildfifty
Chili
Sonicmach1
Satin03

rw93cobra, sent you an email. minor address issue for shipping. but ready to go

Big D's 03, waiting for sandblasting to be finished up.

Canadian customers with no etching, should go out tomorrow.

everyone else is just waiting on some kind of etching.

thanks for your business and patience everyone. :beer:

i should be getting another GB going for these tanks in a week or two which will run concurrent with the GB for the expansion tanks. so if you missed out on this one, you can get in on the next one. also should be waaay quicker next time. this time we switched to a different shop/vendor that can do some things the other one couldnt.

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
Here's a few on my garage floor... its gonna be a while before I have time to install...

IMG_3186.gif

IMG_3187.gif

IMG_3188.gif

the white rippley shit is just dust... I don't know why I didn't brush the tank off before taking the pics...

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Here's a few on my garage floor... its gonna be a while before I have time to install...

IMG_3186.gif

IMG_3187.gif

IMG_3188.gif

the white rippley shit is just dust... I don't know why I didn't brush the tank off before taking the pics...

Chili, Thanks for the pics.:beer: Looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread