True Forged Chicanes & Michelin Pilot Super Sports--like new

50stangpower

Established Member
lol. So now they need repowdercoated.... dont see that in your for sale add anywhere? Should I post the text where you tell me its 2 marks less then 3/8 of an inch? Again, not saying they are not a good deal or that they are bad wheels. What I am saying is they are NOT as advertised.

af_one

Established Member
You apparently cannot read either, if a guy wants to powdercoat them, its about $100 just for the centers of two wheels, thats if you want them perfect. You stated $200 per wheel to have them redone. It may not have been described to that extent in the original ad, but you asked 50 questions, and got additional photos. Any pics you asked for you got, you just didnt want o miss a great deal so you posted sale pending on my ad and made a deposit knowing the condition. You did it so you could look without anyone else buying--you know that. Your friend came--YOU NEVER SAW THE WHEELS--and you immediately offer less. If I was the Dbag, I would have kept you deposit. Take a hike.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Those wheels were never powdercoated or cleared, they are machined aluminum. Have you tried taking some aluminum polish to those areas and see if it will clean up. Aluminum is very porus and will begin to oxidize really fast, some of the marks in the pics look like oxidation.

Even if it doesn't polish out anyone purchasing these can have the centers powdercoated to any color or even have them chromed. Still a hell of a deal, if you were closer I would have bought these off you. Best of luck with the sale.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Those wheels were never powdercoated or cleared, they are machined aluminum. Have you tried taking some aluminum polish to those areas and see if it will clean up. Aluminum is very porus and will begin to oxidize really fast, some of the marks in the pics look like oxidation.

Even if it doesn't polish out anyone purchasing these can have the centers powdercoated to any color or even have them chromed. Still a hell of a deal, if you were closer I would have bought these off you. Best of luck with the sale.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

yes they are machined aluminum. brushed actually. theyre put on a lathe and then brushed by hand as the wheel is spinning. they are then clear coated. they would be in 10x worse shape if they had no clear lol. they are powder coated clear.
im not sure what the damage is as there could be various causes but there are a few solutions. you could have them powder coated as mentioned. the proper way is to strip off the current clear coat, media blast the centers, then have them powder coated (PC shop should be able to handle everything). the budget way is to just sand the clear coat and powder coat over it. some times that can get too thick though. powder over powder.

in order to keep the brushed finish, the clear has to be stripped, the center rebrushed, then clear coated again. a bit more costly, but doable.

most PC shops would charge you about $100 (per center) to strip it, blast it, powder coat it a color. then, they will look like new wheels.

you also do not HAVE to take the tires off to redo the centers. the beauty of 3 piece wheels. just let all the air out of the tires. i prefer to remove the valve stem core. its fast and really removes the air. then just unbolt the nuts/bolts on the wheel. the center will slide right out. when you're done, slide the center back in place, put the bolts/nuts back together using an impact gun and then torque each bolt to 29ft lbs. easy peasy. im actually going to be doing this myself on my chicanes when i change the finish on them soon.

glws. hth

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and yes, that is a hell of a deal, even if you have to shell out $400-500 to redo the centers. i have the same tires on my car (285 up front) and they alone were $1600+ and they are kick ass tires

af_one

Established Member
There ya go, straight info from the vendor himself. You can have the centers done in any color you want and don't even have to mount and balance the tires. The tires on these are 295/30/20 that were $425 each, and 255/35/30 up front at $350 each and they are like new, still have nubs on them.

Users who are viewing this thread