Truck wont idle

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Doesnt matter what rpm setting I set the idle to, it still will not run. Does that point more to the IAC motor, or something related to it. Also I tried unplugging where the BOV recirculates, and that just makes the truck surge for idle no matter what RPM Im holding the truck at.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
if the IAC is on the way out is it possable to maybe "help" it a bit by opening the throttle blade via the set screw? You know just a bit to let some air in there so it will run.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
lightninmike said:
if the IAC is on the way out is it possable to maybe "help" it a bit by opening the throttle blade via the set screw? You know just a bit to let some air in there so it will run.

Working on that right now. Also I have another IAC at Polk shop, Im going to try to get Dave to go get it and bring it to me. Going to give the IAC I have a good clean, see if that changes anything, its not real dirty, but Im running out of ideas, so Im going to thoroughly cover everything this time around.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah i dont mean to clog up your post with stuff you may have already done or thought of but i am just posting as stuff pops into my head

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Yeah i dont mean to clog up your post with stuff you may have already done or thought of but i am just posting as stuff pops into my head

Man your not bothering me a bit. Keep posting ideas, or if you use any of the instant messengers, add me and Im on AIM and YM sitting in the garage. I keep thinking someone will post something that I have simply overlooked.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Sweet goodness, it runs. Makes me sad to say what the problem was ultimately as I was an unbeliever. Keep in mind, the truck has a stock throttlebody, upon talking to one of my good buddies Marc, he told me how he had to adjust the shit out of his Accufab when he got his built motor. I called bs on him because this was a stock t/b and had never heard of anybody doing that to a stocker. Marc got me on the phone today and said he wasnt going to be in my wedding if I didnt try this, so I adjusted the t/b to open it up, 2 turns, same effect, 4 turns, same effect, finally adjusted it all the way out, fired up and ran like a champ. I really do feel like an ass hole becuase if I had just listened, this could have been avoided, but guess I gotta learn the hard way. Thanks to everybody who tried to help, and I think even someone mentioned the t/b adjustment on this thread too, sorry man, should have listened to you too. Big thanks to Marc, Bob, and Clint they spent hours on the phone with me and hours on yahoo messenger. Ive got a few loose ends to tie up and Im going out for the first drive.

Matt

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
lightninmike said:
See i am a fart smella!
Glad you got it running bro:rockon: its always the little things that bite you in the ass

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
lightninmike said:
See i am a fart smella!
Glad you got it running bro:rockon: its always the little things that bite you in the ass

Yep, between opening up that blade and tossing quite a bit of extra air at the IAC through the PRP it idles good now.

Chi3f said:
yea that's great to hear i'm very interested in how your truck ends up running

I dont know what the standard hp gain is for adding heads and cams, but it made 600 before at 17.5 psi so the possibilities are only limited by the turbo and its capable of around 30 psi. Getting ahead of myself already. Anyway, I had a sound clip, but it was in the garage last night and sounded like shit, Ill get another when I get the driveway empty of the car hauler today

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread