Truck vs. Lexus SC430

RyMac

Established Member
*I know street racing is bad*

That being said, I pulled up to a red light tonight on a three lane highway and there were 2 kids in a SC430 (they were in the middle lane and I was in the right) . They looked at me and then snickered and looked back at eachother, so I figured they would take off (I was excited b/c I havn't raced anybody really since I got my Lightning back w/ a new engine:coolman: ).

The light turned green and we both accelerated slowly through the intersection and then they got on it. I pulled about 4-5 cars up to 65 and then slowed down, spanked them.

Just wanted to share how I beat two kids in a 70k dollar Lexus with my pickup truck (although I knew I would win, they did not).

P.S. There really were no cars in front of us and the race lasted 5 seconds maximum.

RyMac

Established Member
Originally posted by Cal
Nice kill.

What do you have done?

Thanks. Stock Black 01 Lightning right now :(

I am getting a Johnny Lightning Performnce intake and JDM silver bullett exhaust shortly along with new rotors/pads:thumbsup: .

Originally posted by poopnut2
Good kill. Those cars are nice though. Aren't the ones with the automatic hardtop?

Thanks; yes they are. They had their top down and the car looked good. Made it that much better IMO.

Last edited:

GoNSyco

Established Member
There's quite a few of those around here, but all driven by old people. Man I can't get any L's to race here. Except Drewstein, but I never see him.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Wow, I thought it would have put up a better fight. Good kill, although when I think of "pickup" I think BillyBob and his beatup Chevy 1/2 ton. A Lightning is more like a Cobra with a massive makeover :)

94RX-7

Established Member
Originally posted by RyMac
Thanks. Stock Black 01 Lightning right now
yeah, buddy. black is definitely the perfect color for a Lightning. Good kill. I'll be going to Fl. in December. We might have to meet up for a friendly race. Never got to race one yet

chrisle7220

Established Member
My mom has one. Ive taken it out a few times and ran my friends rsx-s. The electronic throttle sucks man. When you hit the gas, it kicks in like a full second later. So whenever i raced my friends rsx-s, i would go from the 2nd honk. But anyways, me and the rsx-s were like neck and neck. He may have had a slight edge on me. It really disappointed me that the sc430 was that slow. Weighs 3800lbs tho and only has 300hp.

RyMac

Established Member
Originally posted by Nuke61
Wow, I thought it would have put up a better fight. Good kill, although when I think of "pickup" I think BillyBob and his beatup Chevy 1/2 ton. A Lightning is more like a Cobra with a massive makeover :)

:D That's true, just for the effect. Yeah I thought they would have put up a better fight also, those things are not quick for the $$$:shrug:

RyMac

Established Member
Originally posted by chrisle7220
My mom has one. Ive taken it out a few times and ran my friends rsx-s. The electronic throttle sucks man. When you hit the gas, it kicks in like a full second later. So whenever i raced my friends rsx-s, i would go from the 2nd honk. But anyways, me and the rsx-s were like neck and neck. He may have had a slight edge on me. It really disappointed me that the sc430 was that slow. Weighs 3800lbs tho and only has 300hp.

That does suck. You'd think they would have come up with something better at Lexus for 70k, but they are really nice in and out and I imagine they aren't aimed at us anyway so :shrug:

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by RyMac
That does suck. You'd think they would have come up with something better at Lexus for 70k, but they are really nice in and out and I imagine they aren't aimed at us anyway so :shrug:
Yeah, they're definetly not aimed at the racer croud. Still a nice car though, but I'd go elsewhere for 70k.

Users who are viewing this thread