Truck still shakes in the rear after balancing new tires???

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
I did a burnout a while ago with out a line lock. I then went to get new tires put on. the truck shook badly after 60mph on the wy to get new tire then after alignment and balancing it still shakes. So i rode with it for 3 months then got tires rebalanced and it still shakes. Now when there was snow in the back of my truck it didnt shake as bad. It seems to be worse on some days and some days it is not as bad. If the rotors got warped would i feel it at all even when i dont hit the breaks? It is driving me crazy whenever i go over 60mph it shakes. Has anyone had this problem or atleast have some ideas of fixing it

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Are you lowered? Dont know how it would be related to a burnout, but if your pinion angle is off, you could have a vibration. A warped rotor, unless its really bad would be felt at more than just 60 mph i would think.

Last edited:

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
it made that sound a year or so ago then it stopped...it didnt vibrate back then tho. how much is a new universal joint?

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
i was reading up on this and maybe wheel bearings could be the problem. any reason why weight in the bed would cause the vibration to not be as bad?

SvtRacing

Established Member
The rotors being warped wouldnt have anything with the shaking unless you put on brakes. You said you put new tires on it and it started shacking? If so swap the tires and wheels from front to back and vise versa and see it the problem moves to front. The universal joint could also be the problem. when stalling the truck up to do a burnout you put alot of pressure on the drive shaft. A universal joint should be less than $10 Just agrevating to put in. I would move the tires first and see what happens

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
i did the burnout and after that is started shaking at 60mph on up...the next day i got my new tires installed and it still shook after that so the tires are not the problem. I even got them rebalnced and it still did it. So maybe the u joint is my problem even tho i dont hear a clanking sound. I really hope i can fix this because the fat on my face jiggles when i drive on the interstate..lol...it sucks so bad. where would you get front and rear u joints?

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
i did just both of my u joints....13.00 each for a good brand "precision" from Orelys,. napa wanted $30.00 each

unless your talented and have a press i dont think you can pull it off.

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
i was hopin to do it myself...looks like i gotta get a friend to help at his garage he has a press and been a mechanic for 35 years...all he wants is a case and he will hook me up....did you have a vibration with your truck before you replaced

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
so i drove the truck today after siitin for 3 days and i got on the interstate and it vibrated worse then ever, after about 10 miles it started to stop then it was barely noticeable when i let off the gas and when i give it a lil gas to maintain speed it would vibrate. my friend riding with me said since it is inconsistent then it must be u joints because if it is loose it wont be the same all the times because it is just that loose parts moving around. So i think this may be the problem does it sound like bad u joints.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
good possibility. just did the rear driveshaft in my f250. replaced all the joints and the carrier bearing and had it balanced. finally stopped vibrating, would do it so bad at 65 it would shake a coffee out of the cup holder.

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
mine shakes the fat on my face real bad and you can visibly see any part in the truck shake anywhere from the pillars to the head unit....lightningmike did you have any sound from the u joints or just vibration? how much did all that run you>

Users who are viewing this thread