Truck shut off at WOT

camcojb

Established Member
Just went out to check some maf transfer changes I made in my tune. A/F 11.6-11.7 through second gear. Hit third at wot and the engine died. No funny noises, no warning. Acted just like when I had a bad chip in the truck. I tried to re-start and it didn't. Tried again and floored it and it fired up and ran fine all the way home.

I don't have a chip in this truck so that's not it. All the electrical worked fine also. Any ideas? Is there something in the computer, some parameter I may have exceeded that shuts the engine off? It did not come close to the rev limit, was running 20 psi and the boost bypass is shut off in the computer.

No codes are set in the computer.

Jody

Last edited:

jnahm1

Established Member
hmmm, im a newbie, but that used to happen to me in my evo, when the intercooler pipe would blow off the car from running 21psi. Could one of the ends of the heat exchanger came undone? Or could something have gone loose under the hood?

camcojb

Established Member
jnahm1 said:
hmmm, im a newbie, but that used to happen to me in my evo, when the intercooler pipe would blow off the car from running 21psi. Could one of the ends of the heat exchanger came undone? Or could something have gone loose under the hood?

The truck runs fine and everything appears intact. How about the rev limiter on these trucks; if you hit it does the truck shut off completely or does it only shut off the fuel until the rpms drop and then turns the fuel back on? My shift rpm is 5800 rpms and the rev limit was set at 6200 rpms and I guess it's possible that it hit the limiter on the shift since it's only 400 rpms higher, but I doubt it.

Jody

Users who are viewing this thread