Truck poll thread

What truck do you have/have you owned?

• Total voters

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
had my 99Lightning until this year, totaled in accident. I've owned a 94 black L, and a low mile 93L that I sold last year. Currenlty own a 6.2 2016 F250 lariat FX4. Would like another gen2 and gen 2 Raptor.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
F-150 2x (Owned 2011 and 2015 Screws so far). Unless something REALLY changes I'll always own one. I rent cars A LOT for work and have driven the competition; I will be a Ford truck guy as long as they keep improving with each generation and maintain their quality gap over Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, and Toyota.

In fact, I'm in Wisconsin this week and have a 2017 Silverado and would take my '15 F-150 errrday and twice on Sundays over the Rado based on ride, power, interior function and quality and overall comfort. I drove from Chiraq to Milwaukee twice this week so far and my lower back wants my Ford back fosho.

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
Same here, I own a 2006 Silverado with 340k and I'll never get rid of it. I put off buying a newer truck so long that I now prefer a beater truck for around the house duties.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Nice. I've already got plans for mine (C5Z LS6 H/C/I/E) when we have another truck most suited to our needs (towing cars, when we can't use the rollback). We're auto techs but we also tow for our business. The Silverado gets it done but you can tell it's laboring (hilly where I live, only use the trucks on long distances). The cummins, and diesels in general, are basically towing kings. Plus this cummins' set up is just begging for drag racing; regular cab, short bed, dually, 2wd, stick. 373k on the odometer but the cummins still has life left in it. Few mods and make some more power and she'll be towing with ease.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
previous - 2001 SVT Lightning, daily driven for 7yrs, hauling, moving, street racing, numerous burnouts, traded it in at 189K miles.

current - 2012 F-150, Supercrew, FX2 with full luxury package, 5.0 coyote

nxhappy

Established Member
I have had Chevy, Dodge, and Ford. Of the bunch I like Ford the best.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I used to get a new truck every 2 years. Had 3 F350's, 2 F250's and was the first person in the twin cities to take delivery of the F150 Supercrew when it debuted in 2000 (2001 model). Sold the Supercrew for the King of SUV's. 2003 Excursion 6.0 with all the fixin's.
20170621_193020.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
1st truck was a 1981 F150 and would another one to restore. Ive had a lot of GMs and had 2 F150 regcab stepside 4x4 trucks that i would take back

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 84 ranger that's a 302 scca truck and a 2001 lifted sierra with the 5.3 that I bought new. Every time I break it I build it a little stronger. I enjoy not having a truck payment

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I used to get a new truck every 2 years. Had 3 F350's, 2 F250's and was the first person in the twin cities to take delivery of the F150 Supercrew when it debuted in 2000 (2001 model). Sold the Supercrew for the King of SUV's. 2003 Excursion 6.0 with all the fixin's. View attachment 96671

Sent from my LGLS990 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

if i had the cash to burn id pick up a clean 05 excursion 4x4 with the v10.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Current is a 2013 FX4 ecoboost. Great truck. I've owned two chevy's, two F250's, and three f150's. The Chevy trucks were loaded out and nice, but they didn't feel like a truck to me. I'm a Ford guy and probably will never cross party lines again. I'm eyeing the new f250's

Smm7PT

Established Member
1996 F150 XLT regular cab, 2011 FX4 5.0, replaced with an 8 warranty claim 13 EB FX4, then 12 Raptor Supercab (absolute beast off road ) life got in the way and now I have a crew cab 12 6.2 Platinum F-150, that I will keep til it dies.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
So far things have been pretty decent. I expected a tendency to the F150 and the mid-size options. Not disappointed.

But GMC/Chevys and Dodges are pretty popular here too. If I didn't have a Tacoma I'd be riding around in a Sierra honestly.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Well, I posted in the other truck thread that I traded in my 02 Tacoma with 165k on it for a 17 F 150 3.5 eco. I owned a Ranger in the middle 90's for a little while but had to sell it before I moved to Sicily. The f 150 is the newest ride we have other than my GT500. My wife has a 2007 Pilot which she loves but the electronics packed into the f150 amaze me. I had no idea the stuff that's getting put into cars these days. Adaptive cruise control, all the cameras and blind spot stuff, auto wipers, auto high beams, key fob action that does the seat and mirror memory for different drivers, and all the towing stuff I haven't even used yet. I took the truck and hooked up the boat just to see if everything was cool and I got an indicator on the dash that my trailers right turn signal had a fault, and then got a notification on my phone that my trailer had been disconnected when I left the storage facility. Crazy shit man.. I can even start the truck with my phone. Damn thing even has massaging seats. I'm definitely impressed. Gonna put it to the test later today when I hook up my buddies tow trailer and see how it does pulling 32ft and 8k pounds.

08mojo

Established Member
My first car was a Chevy Silverado 1500. That truck taught me how to work on cars. I rebuilt the engine, rebuilt the rear end, replaced the transmission and replaced all of the suspension components. It was stored at my dad's shop while I was in college (it was tough driving a full size pickup in Atlanta and trying to find a place to park the truck). One day I went to use the truck and it was gone. Come to find out, my dad sold it because he was tired of looking at it... Still a sore topic between me and my father to this day.

... if you drive an SUV, more power to you girlfriend.

I drive a Jeep GC SRT, does that still make me a woman?

Users who are viewing this thread