Truck PC

dirtchicken

Banned
I'm almost done with the screen surround. Here's a teaser picture.
Truckcomputer001.gif

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Whoa! That's pretty crazy. Touch screen or do you have some sort of wireless mouse with a built in mouse pad in the arm rest? :p

I'm intrested in seeing the final product. That's awesome.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
It's an 8" touchscreen.

Ok, figured. That's going to look nice.

What are you doing for audio though? With no head unit, I'm not sure how exactly your going to go about that because of power and all that. So what are you going to do for that? Just run everything from the amp, and just play from the comp?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
dirtchicken said:
My head unit is getting replaced by the computer. I'm going to run it through the amps.

Thought so, good deal. It's late, I tend to ask dumb questions about this time. :sleeping:

Good luck with the rest of the project, I can't wait to see the final product.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
TucsonPred will want to see this Im sure. You still suck though dirt. Your truck is now officially my favorite on here since PimpRohr sold his...

FordFanStan

Established Member
Yes deef keep us updated on your progress with that Aaron. It looks like its going to look killer, just like the rest of your truck hehe... Stan

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I couldn't bring myself to not having theater wide. Though I very seldomly watch a movie so it would have been nice to have the bigger screen area.
Monitor_003.sized.jpg

Dirt did you go with the EPIA or NANO. I'm thinking of doing a NANO upgrade but am not cramped for space yet. Everything fit nicely under the pass seat. BTW Creative CIMR Ir remote controls are like $13 off Ebay, Girder them to anything I'm happy with mine unless the sun nails the IR eye.

BTW there is a remote command to make that monitor auto power on if it doesn't do it automaticlly, I can dig it up if you'd like. It's looking good to me!

Last edited:

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
The SP13000 has some specific issues with certain power supplies, Your not using a M2ATX are you?

dirtchicken

Banned
I have the M2 but I haven't used it yet. For some reason when the computer is booting up it says there is no HD connected. The HD is friggin hot for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread