Truck Opinions

Jroc

Established Member
Holy crap! Test drove all three today, and by far the Tacoma wins! The Ranger is a POS compared to the others. Everything on it felt super cheap, like it was about to break when you would open or close something. The Frontier is nice, but they really don't want to deal on it. The Toyota we're still talking numbers, but I just found a dealer in NY that has some pretty sweet deals posted online.

If the Frontier has nicer materials than the Ranger then it must also have nicer materials than the Titan. Titans are fun trucks to drive, and feel kind of like a musclecar truck, but their interior quality sucks ballz, and they are unrefined compared to other fullsize trucks.

Still the Ranger hasn't recieved any real updates in how long? They are very reliable trucks though. I've never known anyone to have that much of a problem with them. This girl I work with just had her ignition switch(I believe) go out on her 85 Ranger, but thats all I can think of. My dad use to own one for years and it always worked great.

Last edited:

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
Okay, you have to understand, that the Frontier is nice for a truck like that in that price range. Leather seats, Rockford Fosgate with 10 speakers, heated seats, nice solid build quality. Then go to a Ranger, where I could literally squeeze the steering wheel and it was bending, the center console lid was wobbling when I opened it, a chintzy shifter, and just overall poorer build quality.

I mean, shit, I went into the test drive of the Ford not expecting much (accepting it was a cheaper priced truck, less options, and 4 wheels and a motor), and came out really disappointed. I kinda wanted the Ford to win, as I like Ford, but it was just crap.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Then go to a Ranger, where I could literally squeeze the steering wheel and it was bending, the center console lid was wobbling when I opened it, a chintzy shifter, and just overall poorer build quality.

i have no clue what you are talking about. i got my 09 fx4 ranger for 24k out the door and could not be happier with everything about it. came with a chrome shifter and had the the torsen diff(same as on the hummer) as an option!:beer:

sorry for the small pic, i can get a bigger one tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread