Truck lowered with 3/4 belltech ( pics )

"olsson"

Established Member
Just wanted to share some pics of the truck. I took it for a little test drive and its a lot better than before.
Im gonna raise the rear by moving the leaf springs one step on the shackles because now it sits a little bit lower in the back. Alignment will be done next week.

/ Anders

img0636yi9.jpg

img0628ok4.jpg

Last edited:

"olsson"

Established Member
Thanks guys,, :beer:

j0hn they sell belltech everywere, just order it from summit :thumbsup:

Mr Weber

Established Member
:beer: That looks SWEET!!! I plan on goin with the same kit!!! How does it handle compared to stock???

2tonOfun

Established Member
How do you guys like the ride of the Belltech springs and shocks? I DO like the way it handles (I also have a panhard bar) but it is pretty damned stiff and I'm getting a little burnt out on it.
Anybody else?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Very nice. I have the same kit on my truck and love it.

mother of god i looked at pics of your truck and you sold me on belltech's... i heard the hangers are a beotch... anyone think they werent all that bad to install?

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
mother of god i looked at pics of your truck and you sold me on belltech's... i heard the hangers are a beotch... anyone think they werent all that bad to install?
If you have a good selection of cutting\grinding tools and an air chisel for knocking out the factory rivets, it's not too bad.
The guy who helped me install my hangers used a SnapOn 2" compact air angle grinder to slice the heads off my rivets.
It worked well for him.......http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/tools.asp?tool=power&Group_ID=838&store=snapon-store
(he did wear out a couple of grinding wheels though)
It can also be done by drilling them out but that's where most of the "pain in the ass" stories come from.
It's cramped quarters under there so power tools aren't easy to maneuver.
If you can remove the bed, the extra working room you gain will make the job much, much easier.

BTW....looking good Olsson. :thumbsup:
Watch out for those speed bumps and parking curbs now. ;-)

Last edited:

Mr Weber

Established Member
:shrug:I see there is a couple different kits, what is the differance??? Theres a 400, 401, 402?? Is it just the shocks???:shrug:

FordFanStan

Established Member
"olsson" your truck looks great.

PS. It looks liek we may have to cancel our order on the flexplates and request our money to be credited back. The guy is a pin in the rear to deal with and as of now is not wanting to modify the flexplates with the correct bolt pattern for us. I had one for mock up and it really was a nice piece but he had to remachine the new correct holes and then I had to get it rebalanced and it was way off after that. Now it is balanced but has holes cut in it to get it balanced correctly. If this guy can do his friggin work the way I said and will just hurry up then I can get one to you, but if he slacks any longer or bitches that he needs more time I am canceling, sorry about that man, but I'll continue to keep you updated. FFS

Users who are viewing this thread